Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default THIS is why I online shop.

Ran out at lunch, 2nd day in a row, TRYING TO FIND FLIP FLOPS for an 11 year old? How hard can it be RIGHT? aren't there flip flops EVERYWHERE? He's in between boys/mens sizes.... but that 6/7 size sold out EVERYWHERE!!!! I went to target, tjmaxx, famous footwear.... all shoe shoes within a 5 mile radius of my office. I EVEN WENT TO WALMART WHICH I HATE!!!! I finally found a pair at nordstrom rack.... for $34.99. Yes - i was HOPING for a pair in the $15-20 range. That doesn't seem out of line. $35 is STEEP for the kid who's never worn flip flops before!

Then while i'm already in walmart - i figure i would get him the footlocker for camp. Sold out.

So then i figured i would look for the cd he wanted for his birthday - they no longer carry the physical cd.

SO here i am - - ORDERING FLIP FLOPS, Footlocker, and the cd on AMAZON!

I have always hated that BM stores have 'seasons'. Like flip flops and swimsuits are available in December, but sold out by July. Mittens out in September but gone by December. School sales starting in June even though BTS isn't until late August. Honestly the nature of online shopping always having what you need when you need it is easily going to kill physical stores. I blame them for ridiculously forcing seasons to start earlier and earlier.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    DS 05/09
    DD 12/12

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Amazon is where it's at! I can't remember the last time I bought shoes in a B&M store!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I hear you! Every time I try to buy something in store, they never have the size or color that I need. Sometimes I just want to go to the store to try out sizes so I don't have to order multiples online and do tons of returns and I still can't find the sizes I need just to try on!
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I was in the Dollar Store yesterday for some party supplies and noticed they have hundreds of flip flops in all sizes. Just in case you need them now. I was really surprised! Sorry for all the hassle!
    Last edited by KpbS; 06-29-2017 at 10:24 PM. Reason: typo
    K

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default THIS is why I online shop.

DH and I feel that stores are killing themselves but not having things in stock. We're remodeling and wanted to see things in person, but we were often told that an item was only available online. We ended up wasting so much time going to a store and couldn't see anything we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I hear you but then I get frustrated with online shopping because I have a feeling it is why I can't find anything in a store. I went to the largest Nordstrom in Southern California the other day vs. the smaller one three miles from my house because I figured they would have more nicer designer like jeans (Kut from the Kloth) to fit my size 14 butt but they didn't.....same exact stock as my smaller local Nordstrom, a million size 2-8s and then plus size, which I don't need. I ended up re ordering some Eddie Bauer jeans online on Tuesday, which of course are now 25% off online and weren't when I ordered them so I am hoping for the price match.

I do miss the days of being able to shop in a store though because I do like instant gratification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JenChem View Post
    I have always hated that BM stores have 'seasons'. Like flip flops and swimsuits are available in December, but sold out by July. Mittens out in September but gone by December. School sales starting in June even though BTS isn't until late August. Honestly the nature of online shopping always having what you need when you need it is easily going to kill physical stores. I blame them for ridiculously forcing seasons to start earlier and earlier.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    That's a really good point. I've totally BTDT with flip flops, bathing suits and kids gloves scenario! We don't even get our school supply list until the first day of school for our middle school age son. I always head out that night to pick up supplies, hoping to find exactly what is needed before the rest of the parents do the same thing. That means I miss out on 1- 2 months of deals and fully stocked shelves! Last year, we were looking at Walmart (our 3rd store) trying to dig through merchandise because at that point everything was consolidated into one aisle. It was nuts with everyone's shopping cart, trying to find the price etc. Honestly I'm dreading it just thinking about it!

I'm one of those people who feel nervous that Amazon is such a giant- they're buying out stores like crazy. I like being able to head to the store and physically see the item before I purchase. Lately I've been trying to go to physical stores to give them my business, but it tough when they don't have what I'm looking for.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hate that you can't find stuff in season! Who the heck buys swimsuits in winter?? Online shopping should cover those scenarios where you need a bikini in December for your tropical vacation, and b and m stores should carry in season items.