Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Cabinet above fridge

This reminds me that I probably haven't even opened that cabinet in over a year. Obviously used to store seldom-needed stuff (Now I wonder what's there?)

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

2 cases of extra drinking glasses, that we only use occasionally. Cake decorating supplies and extra otc meds. I probably drag a chair over to get into it once a month.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Default Castor oil regimen needed!

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I have nothing at all because I find it's too hard to get to.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Hi there! Im 40 wks 4 days w/ my 6th baby. Would really love this regimen please. I've tried almost everything else w/ no success. I'm 2 cm dilated already w/ stronger Braxton Hicks. I'd prefer to NOT be induced next Wed. Thanks!
    Email: [email protected]

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well, honestly behind mine we have lightbulbs, batteries, tools and medicines. I also keep my nail polish there because DD can't reach it! But mostly it is sort of DH's cabinet. He's 6'4 and can reach it just fine.

In some of my other taller cabinets and in my mom's house we keep all the serving pieces for special occasions in the top shelves. Anything fancier than what might be used with family dinner can go up there. Bowls, trays, baskets, also candlesticks, etc. Some might keep these in butler's pantries or dining rooms but we keep ours in the kitchen.

Then the stool only needs to come out every once in a while.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I put small, rarely used, appliances and my rolling pin in mine. I'm glad I remembered about the rolling pin or else I'd have bought a new one!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Ours is cabinet fridge depth so that helps, I store frequent cookbooks I need access, lunch boxes and cookie cutters. It's pretty big cabinet so am glad I have the space above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks everyone. I'm leaning towards the extra paper towels as it's a big tall space. Doesn't matter what goes above the 2nd shelf in any cabinet,I have to get out the step stool.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mine has my fine China in zippered storage ( dining room has built ins but they are too shallow); turkey roasting pan and other holiday/fancy dinner only serving pieces; salad spinner; plastic bowls and serving pieces for pot lucks. I use a step stool to reach though we also have a counter depth fridge so it isn't too difficult. I access it a few times a year.

My mother uses it for upright storage of cookie sheets, etc and cereal boxes. She uses a grabber thing to get boxes down.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

So this is what I think I'll do. I found these bamboo shelves at the container store and I have 2 there, 1 in front of the other to put platters and other things I don't need as much. I could also stack them for a narrower shelf at the back. There's room beside the shelves for 12 paper towel rolls, or 16 if I lie them down. I'll have to get a step stool to get to the paper towel, but that's a given regardless of where I put it (I'm short).

We move back into the house next week, so I'll see if the shelves work. I can always return them if they don't work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I have dividers in the cabinet for baking pan storage.
    With our new cabinets, they installed vertical dividers so I have cookie pans, cutting boards, cooling racks etc. I am fairly tall, and pull our step stool out regularly to get the foodsaver or other things I have in top shelves, but can reach the things in this cabinet without a stool.
    mom to Billy 12/07

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast