lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Craft Supply Questions - HELP!

I have taken leave of my senses and officially registered to be DD's Brownie leader starting this fall. I am simultaneously excited and horrified, but I feel like I've connected with some great women in my service unit who can mentor me and help me feel a little less nervous.

Anyway, since I'd like to do a couple of crafts (well, maybe more than a couple), I'd like to know:

(1) What kind of hot glue gun should I buy (low-temp, right?) and what's a good price for one? (I have coupon subscriptions to both Jo-Ann and Michaels.)

(2) Does anyone know where I can get a deal on pinking shears? (I plan to have the girls make sit-upons for our first meeting; I hope to have the filling donated if the other leaders in my service unit can point me. I will do the cutting and hole-punching prior to the meeting to make it as simple as possible.)

(3) Speaking of sit-upons, if you've made your own, what's the best weight of yarn to use?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Back in my day, we wove newspaper together to put inside our sit upon.
    DS 2/09

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    Back in my day, we wove newspaper together to put inside our sit upon.
    I know - we used stacked newspaper, but I don't subscribe to anything and have parents who have told me they'll need several reminders to do things, so I'd rather see what I can get donated so I actually have stuff to put inside, rather than having to rely on supplies that may or may not actually come.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle