khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Updated!! 1st Post. Lost DS's Nintendo switch

Good news! Dh was messaging me a few times yesterday he was WAH and he could hear a chiming every so often and it was driving him nuts. He had been up since 3am so he thought he might be imagining it. LOL. Anyways, when I got home I scoped out the dining room where he was sitting and even though I had looked thru the bookshelf before, I decided to look again and low and behold I found the switch on top of some books. It was really hard to see! But we have it back and I'm glad we didnt already spring for a new one. DS was very happy when he got home from camp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Argh! This is driving me crazy. On jUly 4th DH took DS's electronic devices away. He was behaving badly at a party and that is DH's standard punishment. So he says he took 3 things away (ipad, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch). He says he put them on our dresser in our bedroom. I remember seeing the iPad and MAYBE the 3DS. 2 days go by and DH says he can have the ipad back. He tells me its on the dresser. But I am busy so I tell DS to get it off of our dresser. He does. Then another day goes by and we are leaving for a trip and DS wants the Switch back for the car ride. DH tells him its on the dresser, but DS looks and it is not. Now we are missing a $300+ device. I've been looking everywhere for it with no luck. No kids have visited so I know it wasnt taken. DH thinks DS took it the 1st time with his ipad and forgets where he put it.

I think DH misplaced it and just thinks he put it on top of the dresser. Of course DH refuses to entertain the idea of looking other places. He swears it was on the dresser. DH known to lose things and misplace them. I think he could have put it down somewhere else in the house and thought he put it on the dresser with the other 2, but didnt. So somewhere there should be a Nintendo Switch in the house but we cant seem to find it.

This is the 2nd time this has happened. About 3-4 years ago DS got a Nintendo 3DS and misplaced it. We looked and looked and could not find it. We ended up buying another one. So annoying!!! Guess I am tearing the house apart this weekend to look for it.
    Last edited by khalloc; 07-19-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Been there so I can relate... we lost an ipad mini and 2 months later it showed up in between storage bins in our garage. Someone probably threw it on top, and it fell between. Thank goodness for change of seasons or we wouldn't have found it.

Hoping you don't have to replace the switch like you did the 3ds - - i have been trying to buy one for the past 2 months and FINALLY found one in our area. Even on amazon they are selling well above face value.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15