Thread: Travel stroller

Default Travel stroller

I am going to be traveling alone by plane with my 4 y/o and my 3 mo old. We already have a vista and a valco snap both with car seat adaptors. Since I will have both kids and both car seats I am trying to simplify everything as much as possible. My DH thinks I am nuts, but I am thinking about getting another stroller. The uppababy is too heavy for me to travel with. Plus I would have to choose seat vs car seat since I couldn't manage the seat and the adaptor. The snap would be perfect, but it doesn't fold with the adaptor on and that seems like a big hassle. I was thinking about getting the mountain buggy nano. I have never seen it in person. It is expensive, but we travel a lot and may be worth it for the convenience. It appears to have everything my other two strollers lack. It is light and folds up small. And I can attach the car seat without the need for an adaptor. My question is about using the seat. There will be days the infant will be in the stroller for long periods of time. I do not like leaving her in the car seat that long and would prefer to use the stroller seat. I am unsure if I can do that with the nano. It does recline, but does not appear to go completely flat. Is that ok for a 3 mo old? If it is not, and I am going to have to keep her in the car seat the whole day it may just be better to get a cheap snap and go. We wouldn't get nearly as much use out of it, but it's also a lot cheaper.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think I would just take the snap. It really isn't that hard to take the car seat attachment off. I traveled with both kids when my youngest was 3 months and oldest was 2.5. I had the snap duo. It was really easy especially since the snap is so light.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    I think I would just take the snap. It really isn't that hard to take the car seat attachment off. I traveled with both kids when my youngest was 3 months and oldest was 2.5. I had the snap duo. It was really easy especially since the snap is so light.

Thanks for the suggestion. When you traveled, where did you put the attachment after you removed it. Did you just carry it on and put it in the overhead or did you use some sort of travel bad for the stroller and put it in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I put it in the overhead I believe. I had a travel bag but I don't think I put it in there. I put the baby in a carrier when I got to the gate. Used the stroller to push everything to the bottom of the walkway. Quickly pulled off the car seat and attachment. Left car seat and stroller and boarded the plane. Lots of people want to help single moms with multiple kids.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm not sure if you can wait, but this looks very interesting! The fold is similar to a MB Nano, very compact!
    http://www.zoestrollers.com/p/zoe-xlc
    Last edited by gamma; 07-20-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Never even heard of the brand Zoe - thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk