Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Spin Bike

  1. #1
    LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    6,834

    Default Spin Bike

    anyone own a true spin bike? Pelaton or not? Thoughts? Reviews? Do you ride with a specific app?

  2. #2
    hillview's Avatar
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    20,980

    Default

    We have a pelaton -- we've had it for 18 months. It is awesome. My kids use it, my dad lost 30 lbs with it, my mom uses it (lives with us) and DH and I use it (although we go to a gym most days) but it is great when we can't get out of the house. Highly recommend. It has also been trouble free.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

  3. #3
    LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    6,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    We have a pelaton -- we've had it for 18 months. It is awesome. My kids use it, my dad lost 30 lbs with it, my mom uses it (lives with us) and DH and I use it (although we go to a gym most days) but it is great when we can't get out of the house. Highly recommend. It has also been trouble free.
    Thank you for your glowing review! I'm on the fence but I LOVE spin classes!!! I'm going to check out the Peloton boutique today and then try to find a SOLE dealer to try theirs too. Either way I plan to use the Peloton app.

  4. #4
    hillview's Avatar
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    20,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    Thank you for your glowing review! I'm on the fence but I LOVE spin classes!!! I'm going to check out the Peloton boutique today and then try to find a SOLE dealer to try theirs too. Either way I plan to use the Peloton app.
    You bet. I don't do spinning classes but love the live classes and the 100s of other classes that are recorded. DS1 loves the scenic rides.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

  5. #5
    sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    I have a Peloton as well! I'm just getting started, but I believe it is going to be the catalyst for me to finally lose the baby weight from two babies, since as a single mom, I just seriously have been trying to figure out exercise for 7 years and never found a way to be consistent.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Any update on your decision? Interested in this too!
    Are there other apps?

  7. #7
    LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    6,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basilicali View Post
    Any update on your decision? Interested in this too!
    Are there other apps?
    I ended up going with a BH branded spin bike. The LK700iC. I got a great deal ($1300) I think and I'm using the Peloton app ($12.99/month). I stream it on my iPad or iPhone or usually, through Apple TV to a 60" TV and surround sound! It's like being in the studio. I LOVE it. The BH has a computer/display and I've figured out the cadence/resistance #s enough to get a great workout. I love that I can join live classes or choose on demand and choose the genre I want, or specific instructor, etc. The downsides - no "century club" shout out from Peloton, no leaderboard (I LOVED That aspect of CycleBar locally) but saved a lot of $$ and I was Leary about all the updates, screen outages etc w/ the Peloton itself (don't let me kid you - I do dream of the Peloton!). I wish my computer display was backlit though as I like to ride while DH and DS's watch movies in the same room!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •