Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone else ready for the kids to go back to school?

I'm sorry, but I'm just not a great SAHM in the summer! I get so tired of my kids fighting and complaining. August is the worst because camps and things are done for the summer, so I need to schedule a lot of stuff and find a way to keep the kids apart more, somehow. Will be happy when school starts back up!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Have you ever joined a pool? I think it might be you that I've suggested that too. Total lifesaver for us. Everyone is happy at the pool for us.
    My ds2 only has 16 days of summer left and I'm actually super bummed!
    But, had you posted a week ago, I probably would have totally felt like you. I forgot how exhausting full time parenting was!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Anyone else ready for the kids to go back to school?

Me me me! I was ready the week school let out. DS1 does horribly without structure. Unless he's in camp, he's either fighting with his siblings or asking me "what should I do?" thirty times a day. And I wish I could get passes to the aquatic center. But DS1 is super short, and he isn't tall enough to go down the water slides, which I don't think it fair given he's been on a competitive swim team for over a year and swims over an hour four times a week (well over 1000 yards and can swim a 100IM legally)...and he can't go down the damn water slide but DD can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Me!!! Been a somewhat tough summer in our house this year, all I can say is thank god for our club pool!!!! And camp but it's only from 9-1pm and it ends this Friday. It feels particularly LONG for me for 3 reasons; ds1 was in a private school earlier this year and they end for summer much earlier (1st week of June vs mid June in my public district) and switching to our public district this fall. First day isn't till Thursday after Labor Day, so that's reasons one. Reasons 2 & 3; DS2 dropped his naps completely (usually is a hot cranky mess by 4pm daily! ) and POTTY TRAINING!!!!!!!!

Didn't help things when I had fair bit of medical crisis from Mum first week after school let out. Still recovering from it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No, I feel like summer just started and can't believe it's already August!!! Our pool was just finished 3 weeks ago and I wish we had more time to enjoy it before going back to school!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Not yet. Our summer is short this year because of a district-wide schedule change, and there's tons left on our summer to-do list. We've had a lot of fun with swim and dive, but it takes a lot of time, and spring lacrosse stretched into summer because they did so well. I'm glad the eclipse falls when it does, that will be our last hurrah of the summer probably.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I'm ready, I think DD is too!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not ready for my kids to go back yet. I feel the summer went by too fast! I returned to my classroom this week to start setting up, because we go back in two weeks. It is the signal that summer is over for us! ��

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

NOOOOOOO....not. even. close. I feel like we had NO summer. We had no vacation. I don't think we even cleaned out backpacks from last year yet.

I need at least another month before uniforms and making lunches again.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD was in summer school during the earlier part of the summer, we just did our extended family beach trip this past week, and starting Monday, she goes to Girl Scout daycamp.

I'm going to spend the time she's at camp (all day!) cleaning.

I don't know what I'm going to do with her the other 3 weeks of August ... and she starts school on the late side this year, too.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast