Ds2 just turned 3.5 years old and I had planned on starting his potty training after his camp sessions finished. That was 2 weeks ago, and I've tried few different approaches that I used with DS1. It doesn't seem to work with DS2 who is very strong willed kid, my issue is I feel he is ready because he knows purpose, where and how to sit on the potty.

He talks about how he's a big boy now and can't wear diapers, but whenever I try diaper free day he just loses it. I feel kinda defeated cuz we had a rough start to our summer and I didn't want to start potty training when he was starting camp and no sign of readiness then. We're going to Ireland for 6 nights next week then it's down to our shore vacation the weekend we return back home for another week. Then school starts?!?! I feel stressed out thinking about it as he's starting preschool where they want him to be semi ready potty trained and will work with us on his training in the meantime. But the expectation is it needs to be done by Christmas break though, by then DS2 will turn four after the new year. So in my long winded way, I do feel it is time for him to let go of his diapers but how?

Tips, advice and commiseration would be greatly appreciated here! I never had this much trouble with our oldest and know every child is different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk