Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default UPDATE IN OP: Lunchboxes for high school boys

update:
    We chose lunchbots. Classic trio 2 and two 8 ounce round leakproof ones. It's worked out really well the last two weeks, but he likes to have a lot of different things versus one or two items. There are many different configurations, and I could add something hot in a thermos jar-apparently I haven't been using it correctly all this time because I've read that they work really well. I also got a set of three small leak proof ones for little things. I wish I had switched to lunchbots a long time ago!
    they fit perfectly in the Lands end ClassMate Soft Sided Lunch Box. I got a plain black one to match his backpack, and it clips onto it. He wanted a slim lunchbox, nothing bulky.

------
    It's time to move on from the laptop lunchboxes, which he has used since preschool! Can you believe it?? I'm wondering what boys take to pack high school lunches. It needs to be leakproof for sure. And reusable. Stainless steel would be a bonus. And what type of bag would they take it in? I'm assuming nothing overly colorful LOL
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 09-24-2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Update

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

All the kids I see use something like this: https://www.igloocoolers.com/0005975...ch-basic-black
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Mine just uses one like linked but smaller. Costco $13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS is going off to MS and he still uses the laptop lunchbox and it fits in a lands end lunch bag - he chose a plain black one. Not sure if he'll continue to use this, or if we're looking for something else.

Thanks. Looks basic lol
    I don't think he'll use the laptop lunches. We have the black and red sets so it does look adult-ish, but I don't think he would do it.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 used his Laptop lunch (black outer, navy inserts) through 7th grade. Then I got him a PlanetBox Launch which fit in his eBags Slim Lunch Box (black).

https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/...unch-box/88875

He's had the eBags lunch box forever (it fits the Laptop Lunch as well) and we needed another one but they were all sold out at the time so he has the black and gray PlanetBox lunch bag as well.

And for the days he takes a TJ's salad to school he takes this eBags lunch cooler in black (it can fit a salad and PlanetBox Shuttle).

https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/...oductid=949933

He'll continue using the PlanetBox Launch for high school.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS1 uses just the inserts of the Laptop Lunchbox in middle school. He has a plain black bag from LE. Seems to work so far for him.
    Kris

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DD will enter HS this year. She is requesting her food in baggies and then in a plastic grocery bag. This serves a couple of purposes: easily carried since there are no lockers and quickly tossed when finished. I will most definitely respect her request.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    My DD will enter HS this year. She is requesting her food in baggies and then in a plastic grocery bag. This serves a couple of purposes: easily carried since there are no lockers and quickly tossed when finished. I will most definitely respect her request.
    These IKEA bags are awesome!
    http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/80330493/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Niccig, how do you just use laptop inserts? Yours must have lids- I have the original version and only two of the boxes have lids.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast