Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Disney Christmas Parade- worth it?

Hello,
    I am helping a friend plan a Disney world trip. They are going the week before Christmas with extended family. Has anyone ever done the special Christmas parade at night? Its one of the things I don't know much about. It will cost her family 800 and the two kids are 4 and 6 and may not even be able to stay awake for the whole thing. Is it worth it? TIA

The Christmas Parade (the one you see on TV on Christmas Day) and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) are different events. I think you're talking about the latter, which does have a parade of its own.

I have been to MVMCP once and the Halloween Party several times. We use it as a replacement for a park day (so no park earlier in the day) and then use that time during the day to hang out at the pool, explore resorts, go to the Disney Outlet, etc. If you think about it like that - getting one less day on your tickets, it's not as expensive. You can get into the Magic Kingdom late in the afternoon with your party tickets.

With kids that young, it may not be worth it. I have only gone as a kidless adult. For us, the biggest benefit was the short lines, especially later into the evening. I don't think it's a must-do, but it's worth considering.

Here is a disboards thread on it with more than you ever wanted to know:
    https://www.disboards.com/threads/of...magic.3587769/