Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default getting rid of that tummy pooch!!

i've posted here many times with the seemingly never-ending struggle to get rid of the "mummy tummy". my youngest is 6years old, and even though i was eventually able to lose the 30 lbs of baby weight a few years ago i still struggled with the tummy bulge, fitting into pants w/o muffin top, etc. past several years i have exercised regularly by running (5k/10k's, half-marathons), zumba, hot yoga, but nothing ever seemed to make a difference re: my tummy..was very frustrating.

i finally figured out that instead of just doing cardio , i really needed to do targeted muscle toning exercises, to strengthen the abs muscle so it's not like everything is hanging out. i started doing Pure Barre in June and got quickly addicted to it. then at work we started doing a 90day challenge, doing 25 minutes of HIIT-like workouts. i got the videos to do at home so it is super convenient.

Also, re: eating, i still don't count calories but i found that NOT SNACKING at night helped tremendously!! made me less bloated in general. it was super hard at first but then got used to it. i think what makes it hard as moms is that we can't save eating treats for after kids are in bed. i have to it eat it in front of them, which means there has to be enough for them to have whatever i'm having. which i guess is good bc it makes me/us eat less sweets...lol

after a few weeks I a started feeling a difference, not just in my abs but in my arms. then, pants started fitting better finally. i took a photo over the weekend (after completing 40th Barre class) and compared it to same from 10 weeks earlier. i've only lost like 2 lbs since, but i can really see a difference, i think! this is from doing PUre Barre 4-5x a week, and maybe T25 workouts at home (half hour) 2-3 x a week.

anyway just figured i'd share in case it helps anyone. i'm 1 year away from 40 and the struggle is real! lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good job! And congrats! Thanks for sharing & being an inspiration plus giving me some hope! Katherine

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Wow! That's awesome! I need to get motivated to do something about my baby fat...
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow - you look great!! If you do the first week free promo can you still do the unlimited month for $99?

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Wow - you look great!! If you do the first week free promo can you still do the unlimited month for $99?
    thanks! and yes, i did exactly this! i did the first week free, then i did the unlimited month for $99. i think i managed to squeeze in 24 classes in that 5 week period!

Also, not sure if all Pure Barre studios are the same, but at mine i found out that if you manage to go at least 12 times in the your first unlimited month, you can get a SECOND unlimited month for another $99! So i did that..almost done with that one now.

Anyway I think may have to go and get a 12month unlimited membership now.

Great job!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ooo, nice!!! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Amazing! I am definitely going to follow up with some questions! Keep doing what you're doing because it does get harder post 40...

for Sandy Hook

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by [emoji813
    ms.pacman;4264058]thanks! and yes, i did exactly this! i did the first week free, then i did the unlimited month for $99. i think i managed to squeeze in 24 classes in that 5 week period!

Also, not sure if all Pure Barre studios are the same, but at mine i found out that if you manage to go at least 12 times in the your first unlimited month, you can get a SECOND unlimited month for another $99! So i did that..almost done with that one now.

Anyway I think may have to go and get a 12month unlimited membership now.
    Mine does not do that as far as I know. I think pure barre is amazing. Because of summer stuff I haven't been in a month and before then I was only going 2x a week. My body feels the difference. Starting next week, I am hoping to get back to 3 or 4x a week.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Awesome job and you look great. Good discipline too, I'm inspired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast