Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    Mine does not do that as far as I know. I think pure barre is amazing. Because of summer stuff I haven't been in a month and before then I was only going 2x a week. My body feels the difference. Starting next week, I am hoping to get back to 3 or 4x a week.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    i wasn't aware of the promotion (it's not really advertised) until i was nearing the end of my first $99 initial month and one instructor mentioned it. i can see why they do it now, bc they figure they can really get ppl hooked with 2 months unlimited! even without it though, i would have still bought the 12mo membership.

anyway i am lucky that the studio is very close to my work..today i went during lunch.

also, should check out the new Empower class, it is great to get cardio in. it's also only 45 minutes.

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    at work we started doing a 90day challenge, doing 25 minutes of HIIT-like workouts. i got the videos to do at home so it is super convenient.

Also, re: eating, i still don't count calories but i found that NOT SNACKING at night helped tremendously!! made me less bloated in general. it was super hard at first but then got used to it. i think what makes it hard as moms is that we can't save eating treats for after kids are in bed. i have to it eat it in front of them, which means there has to be enough for them to have whatever i'm having. which i guess is good bc it makes me/us eat less sweets...lol

Hi, thanks for sharing your story. i just found a Barre place local to me so i'll check it out.

I just wondered what videos are you doing? are they Barre videos? or are they some kind of cardio videos while you still go do Barre classes? and did you always go 4-5X per week?

Also wondering what time do you go to bed? is your last eating for the day your dinner with your family? what does the rest of your day's menu/eating look like?

TIA

Wow! Congrats!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Good job on figuring it out! I've tried barre before at two places, but we do not have any designated studios. One place, I thought was ok, the other I did not like at all. My friends who have gone to purely barre studios in their areas absolutely love it. ITA with you on evening snacking. I lost some weight in the past month and it has been largely in part to a big cut in evening snacking... now I just fall asleep in front of the tv, lol.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You look great!

I'm finding that brushing my teeth at night right after my kids go to bed is curbing my nighttime snacking. Silly but it seems to be working!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    You look great!

I'm finding that brushing my teeth at night right after my kids go to bed is curbing my nighttime snacking. Silly but it seems to be working!
    I used to brush my teeth right after dinner. It helped a lot. Thanks for the reminder!

Great job, way to go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2