DH has been basically gone all weekend racing cars and today he had to take his Board renewal exams. (he takes them every 10 years) So I put up with 2 moody teens all weekend. and then my dad being a right a$$ and emailing me how he needed to talk to dh because he doesn't believe it when I tell him we can't visit him. Nope, he needs to talk to "the man of the house" to "work something out". So I sit on this crap all weekend and then finally when DH is home tonight I broach the subject of my dad's email because I need to get his off my chest and I need him on the same page with me. I finally get him to agree to an email wording but he is of NO HELP regarding the emotional impact of all this. Nope, he wants to drink a bunch of wine (that he deserves and I had a couple of glasses too!) and get really chatty, which he rarely does as an introvert. And what does he want to discuss? Car racing. In.minute.detail. Every.lap. It is like listening to your kids talk Minecraft on steroids!!!!! And I am being a nice, good wife and doing my best to act like I care about this conversation!!!!!!!

Thank God I scheduled a get together with a girlfriend Saturday night. If I hadn't had that going for me, I don't know where I would be right now. Fortunately, I worked on my days off Friday and Monday so I am using comp time on Thursday to make my life less stressful. I am going to a fun concert, I have my last tri of the season on Saturday, and I get to see my therapist this week too. Just.have.to.make.it. I can drink wine tomorrow and maybe a little bit Wednesday, but then no more till Saturday night.

arrrrrrgh. Momming is hard some times.