Default Suggestions for inexpensive but forgiving pants/capris?

I am 4 weeks postpartum and not back in my regular clothes yet, but getting tired of the same 2 pair of yoga pants all the time... I would like to buy some new ones, but hoping for something forgiving enough that I can buy it close to my regular size and still wear it when I lose the extra weight. By this time with my son I had been back in my regular jeans for over 2 weeks, so this is new territory!

I am normally a size 2-4, and currently 8-10 pounds above my usual weight. I was able to squeeze into my size 4 Gap jeans (that are normally a bit too big) a couple of weeks ago but they weren't comfortable at all!

I have a bit over a month before I have to go back to work, so I can be super casual for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Capris- there's a great pair of Kirkland brand ones at Costco now. They look like Athleta style stuff. Not workout pants (Lycra...), just sporty looking capris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Capris- there's a great pair of Kirkland brand ones at Costco now. They look like Athleta style stuff. Not workout pants (Lycra...), just sporty looking capris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wish we had a Costco

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congrats on the baby!

Do you have a Kohl's nearby? They have some comfort/half-elastic waist pants that should work well postpartum. I have a pair similar to this. http://mobile.kohls.com/product/prd-...ist-capris.jsp

I bought a pair of Jag pull-on jeans to bridge the gap for the few weeks until I could fit into my regular clothes comfortably. They were forgiving yet helped pull my loose belly in a bit and feel put together. This was years ago, but I recall they ran big. I know I ordered online so no idea what stores have them now.

Congratulations on the baby!

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

JCrew has new pull on jeans. They look both comfy and cute.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Thanks everyone! I am going to check Kohls and the second hand store today. If that doesn't work I will look online. I got a couple of things from Old Navy a few days ago, but it is too warm for those this week.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Congrats on the baby! Another thought is to grab some maternity capris on clearance and use those - the ones with the belly band. My Old Navy maternity capris were great pre and post partum and cost maybe $10! Another idea is to get some yoga pants - those can also be worn later on, so it's not just a stop-gap purchase.

for Sandy Hook

I am wearing my yoga capris today, and if I have to look decent for something I have some black maternity pants with under belly band and a black knit skirt with stretchy waist that work fine. I ended up getting a pair of jeans and a pair of capris that are 6's at the thrift store yesterday. It was $12 for those plus 2 pair of pants for my 3 year old, so if I only wear them a few times no big deal. But I am still keeping an eye out for something like those Kohls capris linked above that would be comfy now and later!

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17