Default Thermos funtainer help

Hello, I need some advice. I bought a thermos funtainer 10oz for my kindergartener. I am having problems with noodles soaking up too much liquid by lunch time. How much liquid do you need? I tried Knorr Alfredo, ramen noodle soup, and macaroni with tomato soup. Each time the noodles were dry or too much liquid was gone so my daughter would not eat her food. Her lunch is 5 hours after leaving home. Thank you

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would try to prepare the noodles first then put them in funtainer. Preheat funtainer with hot water then dump water out and put prepared hot food in. It will not be hot after 5 hours but should at least be warm.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Agree with pp. I boil water in my electric kettle, pour it in to preheat the thermos and then microwave the soup. I haven't had any problems with absorption and have sent a variety of soups and mac n cheese. Are you making the food hot in the morning or are they fridge leftovers from the night before? I'm usually heating up fridge leftovers so they've already absorbed most of their capacity.

Thanks for helping. I have been making the food fresh in the morning. I didn't think ramen would be good reheated. I do preheat the container with boiling water for 5-10 minutes. Then I put the cooked food in with the liquid. I added extra tomato soup today but the macaroni absorbed it. We never have leftovers. The kids (3 and 5) won't eat what we do and normally can't due to food allergies. I make them their own meal and cook just enough for my husband I to eat.

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've never sent ramen in a thermos, but we do send other soups (tomato soup, lentil soup) and things like mac & cheese without issue. I can see how ramen noodles would get terribly soggy. What about sending the noodles in one thermos, the broth in another, then at lunchtime pouring the broth over the noodles?