Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Has anyone used a paper shredding service?

Has anyone used a paper shredding service? I'm thinking about doing this because our shredder gets overheated and I've even broken a shredder before due to shredding a huge volume of paper! We have a lot..
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Our state senator hosts regular shredding drop off events. They're free and convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My MIL uses one regularly. She says she takes a couple large bags to them and watches them dump them into the shredder.
    I am a credit union member and ours has a confidential paper bin (small opening to a large bin) where you can dump your papers in and they take them to shred. If you are a member of one, or even just have a credit union near you that offers this, they don't ask for ID when you walk in with paperwork.
    mom to Billy 12/07

We use couple of methods to do our shredding in volume. One is DH takes bags of papers to his work where his office has a huge industrial shredder machine. The other is through our county free shredder days every 2-3 months at different sites throughout my county. We take advantage of that often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What do you mean by a lot? We end up with about two paper grocery sacks full each month. I take them to work and use the boxes there. (Tiny slit to push the papers into. )

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Great ideas!! It never occurred to me to look for free services. I think it's a garbage bag full 😬

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I take a bankers box to a local shredder for $10 a box.

Another way is to put paper in a bucket, pour in water and wait for it to become a sodden mess - the paper disintegrates and can’t be read.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains