View Poll Results: HOW MANY EGGS YOU EAT ON AVERAGE IN A WEEK?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll

10 14.71%
  • 2-3

14 20.59%
  • 4-6

18 26.47%
  • 7-10

14 20.59%
  • more than 10

12 17.65%
  • other

1 1.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

0. I hate eggs.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Nope b/c high cholesterol is more indicative of inflammation and too little copper bioavaliability and retinol.

I am not about to give up pastured eggs but I'm not eating multiple daily. This issue more complicated than pointing to one food.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    resurrecting this thread...

recent cnn article eggs 3 or more a week is not healthy...and may cause early death

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/15/healt...udy/index.html

we eat a lot of eggs, adults-6-8 /week, kids-5-6/week..This morning my husband made a 4 egg omlet just for himself and I am cringing...I think thats a lot...

i say everything in moderation is the key...
    So it didn't matter what your cholesterol levels are? I eat a lot of eggs and my numbers are always excellent. I wonder if eating eggs is only a problem when you also have high cholesterol?
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm wondering if its more of what goes with eggs - butter in scrambled, the oil for frying or bacon etc.

I also go in phases. Right now I'm in a big hard boiled phase. 1 hb eg w/toast or eng muffin and a piece of cheese as a sandwich and I'm full till lunch. Today I had a hb egg w/my salad.

Other months we literally eat 0 eggs in the entire month. I've had eggs that were LONG past expiration dates.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

I'm now down to 2 chickens, so we aren't eating as many as we used to. Still, I'm not stopping. As long as they're laying, I'll be eating them.

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

After reading this, I had an egg white omelette for breakfast and a small slice of toast and a small gs cookie �� and I’m only getting hungry now! For me, eggs are so filling. I’ll be really annoyed if egg whites aren’t healthy, and nutritional advice keeps changing anyway. It’s frustrating. If it’s the yolks that are unhealthy, then I limit those at least.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Here's NPR's coverage of the study, with a key graph (emphasis mine):

The new study is an observational study, so it doesn't prove that cholesterol caused the increased risk of heart disease that the researchers documented. "These new findings provide one piece of evidence," Allen says. But it's possible that other lifestyle or dietary habits may be responsible for the increased risk.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...-heart-disease

I'm eating Keto, so have been consuming more eggs than I have in the past. 4-6 a week. I've lost 40 pounds, so I'm sticking with it. No rise in cholesterol.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

NM. Just realized this was an old post & the info I had was already posted....
    Last edited by klwa; 03-19-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

I don't like eggs too much, so I rarely eat them. 10 eggs are enough for us for a week - 10 days.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4