We tend to end up eating in our kitchen, even when we entertain, and I’d like a table that seats 8 comfortably and, ideally, could expand to fit even more. The problem is that I just won’t do wood anymore. My kids have totally destroyed the old dining room table we’ve been using in the kitchen. It doesn’t help that DH is responsible for dinner clean up and often doesn’t pick up the placemats or double check for potential water on the table. Last night a placemat sat on top of a water spill all night, and half the table is covered with white water staining. I need a surface that is indestructible. I’ve shied away from zinc because I’m worried I won’t like seeing the patina-forming process and will get upset like I do with the wood. Also, I’d love to have an expandable table, but I’d be willing to give that up, I guess, to have a nicer table for every day. I’m not a fan of anything ornate, but I’m happy with a touch of rustic. I just can’t risk wood any more, though. If I had to go sleek and modern, I would, just to avoid the emotional pain of ruined furniture! Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains