Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Hallmark Holiday Movie Junkie--who's with me?

I'm a Hallmark holiday movie junkie. Bad acting. Check. Cheesy plot. Check. Couple goes from not knowing each other one week prior to being engaged in less than 5 minutes at the end of the movie. Check. Lacey Chabert, Danica Mckellar, Candace Cameron Bure. Check. Male actors that are recycled in every Hallmark movie. Check. Me watching every year. Check.

Who else is an admitted Hallmark holiday movie watcher? 😬
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Right here! This year, I'll take all the cornball I can get
    DS 2/09

Me!!!! Love them! Love Catherine Bell. Love Candace. Love love love happiness in a movie every time. My girls watched a fall movie with me too and liked it Although I have to admit there have been a couple I can't get through...
    Last edited by AbbysMom; 11-21-2017 at 04:32 PM.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Admittedly, I don't limit my Hallmark movie viewing to just the holidays. I watch the Spring and Fall ones too... And yes, some are definitely higher quality than others. Not all Hallmark movies are created equal...
    Last edited by MMMommy; 11-21-2017 at 03:43 PM.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I watch while walking on the treadmill! It's a great way to get a 2-hour workout!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Me, me! This is the first time in 3 years I didn't check their website to see which of the movies I wanted to tape. I'm going based on commericals this year (and checking for my favs as cast members - Catherine Bell, Candace, Kellie Martin, Alison Sweeney and Caprica-6 from BSG (what's her name?)). I still have two from last year saved on the DVR (One Christmas Eve and Christmas with Tucker) which we had actually saved from the prior year but lost our DVR and had to re-record last year.

I was mid-way through one this year when DH mentioned we'd watched it last year (but I don't think I did, so I guess someone else is hooked too!)

The scenery! Half the time we pick ones based on the scenery.

eta: we watch the Good Witch show and movies as well as certain of the "ladies of mystery" series. We put on Hallmark for Goldpup (if he's going to be home alone) so often we now call it "hallbark".
    Last edited by rlu; 11-21-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Saw this recently on FB and it made me laugh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, not often but look forward to watching one when I can! Not a Hallmark one but very similar: The last couple of years the 12 Dates of Christmas on Netflix has been my Christmas-wrapping-marathon go-to movie.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I get sucked into them every year! I can sit all day and just watch one after the other! Love them!! I also watch a lot of the fall, spring, and summer ones as well, but the Christmas ones are my favorite!

Last year I had a kidney stone right before Christmas. They had to delay the blasting procedure by a week and a half, so I was drugged up and pretty out of it for a solid two weeks. During that time, all I did was watch Hallmark channel. As corny as it sounds, the movies were so comforting to me. I was really sad when January came and the Christmas movies went away. So this year I’ve been enjoying them ALL. DH just doesn’t get it.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast