Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Quick help - inhalers on airplane as carry-on?

Can I carry-on inhalers when flying? Can I keep them in my bag, or do I need to send through screening separately like liquids? I don't really want TSA handling DC's inhalers since I want to keep them clean. Thx.

I have been flying with inhalers for 35 years and have never had them questioned. Same thing with Epipens. They see that stuff all day long. They didn't even say anything when I went through with a week's through of infertility-related vials and syringes.
    Something could change at any point though. I would put it in a clear bag just in case you are asked to remove it from your bag to reduce anxiety.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We put them in a clear bag, and take them out from our luggage for the screening. Also I always bring the original box that has the prescription label on it. I’ve never been questioned on the inhalers, but have been with our nebulizer and liquid albuterol (always carry the prescription box with that too now.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We’ve never had an issue.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have never separated inhalers or epi pens.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I carry them all the time in various places - in my suitcase, in my backpack, in my purse, in my toiletry bag...I don't ever put it in my clear ziploc bag and I have never had a problem. Same with the kids' inhalers which are also never in clear ziploc bags.

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I always put them in a clear ziplock, but that may be overkill

Be sure to bring the boxes. I flatten them to save space.

I've brought a whole lunch box full of prescription and non-prescription medication and have never been questioned. They let me through with full size bottles of zyrtec, benadryl,etc. I bring all the prescription labels and medical form from ped. stating my son has asthma and food allergies.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I also think it can depend on the tsa agent. When I traveled this summer, my DS was getting over an allergic reaction to sunscreen. I had a bottle of benedryl and a bottle of prednisone. The prednisone had the doctor prescription label, and they didn’t question it at alll. They made me ditch the benedryl since I did not have a doctor’s note for it and it was beyond the allowed liquid limit. I also had both on the way home, and the agent let me through with both, no questions asked. Next time I fly with my DS I will be sure to get a note for the benedryl.

I had one in my purse and didn’t even think about it. We went through security just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast