Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I also think it can depend on the tsa agent. When I traveled this summer, my DS was getting over an allergic reaction to sunscreen. I had a bottle of benedryl and a bottle of prednisone. The prednisone had the doctor prescription label, and they didn’t question it at alll. They made me ditch the benedryl since I did not have a doctor’s note for it and it was beyond the allowed liquid limit. I also had both on the way home, and the agent let me through with both, no questions asked. Next time I fly with my DS I will be sure to get a note for the benedryl.
    Yeah, I would be careful too with full bottles of liquid medicines. But for inhalers, I don't think those are a problem at all.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So do you always carry on inhalers even if you're checking baggage?

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Any meds I have always carried with me. In my purse or in a carry on. I NEVER put any meds I will need in the next 24 hrs in checked baggage. Put your or your daughters inhaler in your purse or carry on where you can get to it if you need it. They see them ALL THE TIME. Ive carried liquid amoxicillin through security they put it in a machine and checked it. I also carried liquid motrin ( same trip) and told them DS4 was finishing an ear infection and it may be needed. It was in a sealed box and they didn't question it.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Any meds I have always carried with me. In my purse or in a carry on. I NEVER put any meds I will need in the next 24 hrs in checked baggage. Put your or your daughters inhaler in your purse or carry on where you can get to it if you need it. They see them ALL THE TIME. Ive carried liquid amoxicillin through security they put it in a machine and checked it. I also carried liquid motrin ( same trip) and told them DS4 was finishing an ear infection and it may be needed. It was in a sealed box and they didn't question it.
    I agree. Take any meds your daughter might need on the plane with you. I generally put our meds in a large ziploc bag for my own convenience.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Quick help - inhalers on airplane as carry-on?

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    I carry an inhaler with me at all times, for me. I have been on at least ten flights this year, inhaler in tow. I have never been stopped or asked to remove. I also carry one for kids if I believe they have a chance to wheeze (and a spacer too). When I travel with kids, I always have 2-4 epi-pens.
    Last edited by Kindra178; 11-22-2017 at 03:53 PM.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Not a problem - just leave them in your bag.

for Sandy Hook

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I never put any medication in checked bags. If your bag gets lost, you are without your medicine.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Pear View Post
    I always put them in a clear ziplock, but that may be overkill...

I keep mine in a clear zip-top baggie and I do pull it with my liquids/gels because so much of how I get through security (and whether or not I'm stopped or I stop the line) seems to depend on how closely that particular TSA agent is following the guidelines.

I probably don't need to, but after being stopped fairly regularly for forgetting to detach my keys from my backpack and have them screened separately, I take no chances.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

YES!

I never put anything that I will need or think is even remotely critical in checked baggage, so I carry contact lenses, hand lotion, lip balm, my inhaler, etc., in my personal item not my carry-on suitcase. The carry-on gets stowed where I can't get to it, but the personal item stays on my person.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2