Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Need help finding 18" (approx) newborn baby doll with eyes that close

I'm on the hunt for a big newborn baby doll that has eyes that close when it is horizontal. I find lots of dolls that are 12-14", but that is too small for my 7.5yo. All the cute bigger dolls have eyes that don't close which rules them out.

We're wanting to get a bigger doll so that it will look more life like and also so that it can wear preemie/NB clothes.

Any suggestions?
    DD Spring 2010

Would a Corelle (sp?) or American Girl Bittie Baby work? My 2 year old has a Corelle that closes her eyes when laid down.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    ... American Girl Bittie Baby work? ...
    Bitty Baby is 15" tall, but it does have open-and-close eyes.

A quick Google shows TRU carries a brand called "You & Me" that has an 18" baby doll with open-and-close eyes.

There's also the PBK/Gotz "Riley" baby doll, which is listed at 18.5" tall, although I think it's a mistake - most of their baby dolls are 16.5" tall. If it were me, I'd go with the PBK doll; it's very well made and a nice weight - substantial without being super-heavy. And it has open-and-close eyes.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Would a Corelle (sp?) or American Girl Bittie Baby work? My 2 year old has a Corelle that closes her eyes when laid down.
    We LOOOVE our Corelle doll and have had her for several years, but she's only 12 inches. I'm not sure about the Bitty Babies.
    DD Spring 2010

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    This is going to sound silly, but i ruled that doll out because of the weird mouth. I don't like when they look strange without the pacifier in their mouth. Other than that it is a great doll and a really great price.
    DD Spring 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    There's also the PBK/Gotz "Riley" baby doll, which is listed at 18.5" tall, although I think it's a mistake - most of their baby dolls are 16.5" tall. If it were me, I'd go with the PBK doll; it's very well made and a nice weight - substantial without being super-heavy. And it has open-and-close eyes.
    The Riley doll is REALLY cute!! The price is hefty, but I guess if I'm going to be picky about appearance and features I need to be ok with the high price.
    DD Spring 2010

I just saw that potterybarnkids has 20% off and free shipping right now too.
    DD Spring 2010