Default Holiday Gift Ideas 2017: Children up to 2-5

Let's share gift ideas! Please list ages and what you're planning to give. Links are always helpful, too!
    thanks!
    alan & denise

My son will be 4 in February. He is getting a M&D kitchen (joint gift w/ younger sister but she's not old enough to actually play with it yet), cutting food, pots & pans, books, Christmas PJs, Paw Patrol Air Patroller, doctor kit, toy shaving kit, and M&D calendar. Plus stocking stuffers and probably a few other things I forgot. Some of those things are from us, some are from other family members.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

My poor 2yo DS, all I have for him is practical gifts. A towel and wash cloth, snack cups, bathing suit, and new crib sheets. We are going to go shopping for him this weekend, so hopefully I will get some ideas from this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    My poor 2yo DS, all I have for him is practical gifts. A towel and wash cloth, snack cups, bathing suit, and new crib sheets. We are going to go shopping for him this weekend, so hopefully I will get some ideas from this thread.

I saw the Melissa & Doug latches board on SD today - DS loved that when he was 2 and it came in really handy when he locked himself in a public restroom and I told him to look at the lock and think about how he would open it on his board.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Melissa-Dou...+latches+board

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    I saw the Melissa & Doug latches board on SD today - DS loved that when he was 2 and it came in really handy when he locked himself in a public restroom and I told him to look at the lock and think about how he would open it on his board.
    My mom actually got that for him for Christmas, thanks though.

DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

umsh is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    Needed a gift for my nephew, this is perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD 4 is getting a swimming back pack, PJs and books. (Need, wear, read). I'm not sure on the want. She is child #4, and we seem to have every toy possible. She would love another wellie wisher, but. I just can't bring myself to buy 1 more doll.

im considering this climbing dome, but dh would consider assembly a punishment. I'm hoping I can entice DS (9) to do it for me.

Stocking: calico critters, wellie wisher outfit, Scooby Doo DVDs and a pomigranite.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

DS is 2 is getting:

*Playskool Sit and Spin
    *Little Tikes Cart
    *Thinkfun Roll & Play game
    *Fat Brain Toys Balancing Bears
    *Youkidoo Submarine Spray Station
    *Mindware Seek a Boo
    *Books

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow, I have FOUR in this bracket to shop for, well, assuming we see three of them. (I send the gifts for one because she lives in TX.)

Niece (age 2): looking at Cozy Classics board books

Niece (age 21mos): haven't decided yet. Her brothers will get RenFaire tickets and maybe a small toy (such as a knight on horseback or something related), so maybe I will give her a Cozy Classics book and a small toy (Little People or something like that.)

Nephew (age 4): storybook; I saw a nice illustrated Carl Sagan book that he might enjoy. And a small toy (maybe a small Lego set?)

Nephew (age 5): this is one of the aforementioned brothers getting RenFaire tickets and maybe a small toy.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle