Default Xmas gift for 6 year old boy

DS1 (6.5) is really into legos and Minecraft, so his grandparents (both sides) is getting him the LEGO Minecraft ender dragon set and LEGO Minecraft crafting box set.

I'm stumped on what to get him as the big Santa (aka us) gift??

this kid really has everything!!! Spiderman bike, iPad, razor scooter, xbox 360 (we're getting him couple of new games as smaller presents) and a set of different books, as well xmas PJ's. DS1 really wants ninetindo switch which isn't happening.

loves Minecraft
    loves riding his bike,
    plays with his legos
    is starting getting into reading
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My 6 yr old played with KNEX at my in laws once and had such a blast! I'm debating getting him a Knex set or a construction site playset from toys r us. We also got him a flying robot. I'm probably going to get him the game 'Mousetrap' from my parents. DS likes chain reaction things so I think he will enjoy it. Does your son like remote control cars? Or drones? Would he enjoy a beginners microscope and slide set? I'm trying to think of things my DS is into... Is he into hot wheels at all? My son got the hot wheels criss-cross track last Christmas and it takes up a fair amount of floor space but it's definitely been the most-used (by him and his friends!) gift that he's ever gotten.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

DS sounds very similar. I think we are giving LEGO Boost as his big present.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD is also really into reading about Minecraft.

She would like the UPDATED Official Handbooks in the gold-embossed slipcase (thinking about this, as I have a 25% coupon at B&N) and her cousins have gotten her the Official Minecraft Mobestiary, which we browsed the other day.

As for a big gift ... we're similarly stumped, although DD's will be Hatchimals. DH cruised Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals to score both a Switch and Xbox One (I think) but they'll be "family" games. She likes to play Super Mario Brothers.

Maybe consider a Raspberry Pi? DD and DH assembled one to play classic Nintendo & Sega games together.

ETA: She and I have also been given amusement park passes, which DH got during an end-of-summer deal. We don't live far from Great Adventure (she's too tall for most Sesame Place rides at this point) so the passes, which include parking, will be a great option for the summer.
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 12-01-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    ... I think we are giving LEGO Boost as his big present.
    LEGO Boost looks SOOOOO cool!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Does he have the Emerald Armor pajamas? Santa is bringing DS1 these along with the Transforming Sword/Pickaxe and Bow and Arrow.

https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-3060...raft%20pajamas