Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Are yoga pants (not tight at ankle) totally out?

They’re certainly not commonly seen around anymore but there were some on display at Target. I’m trying to avoid the activewear silhouette that includes leggings—not a cute look for me!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I no longer buy them, but I still have my old ones that I sometimes wear. Otherwise, the other option is basically legging type workout pants, which I am more likely to wear during warmer weather, but sometimes I still prefer regular yoga pants for cooler weather.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Probably, but I love them! I really dislike legging/jogging/skinny jean type pants unless I a, wearing them under a dress. I am just not comfortable in them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Oh this makes me sad - I really do love them...

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes. You mean like Lululemon's "Groove" pants (yoga pants, flared at the leg)...Yes, they are totally out. I'm in Dallas area and have been going to hot yoga and Pure Barre and noticed that nobody wears them anymore and Lululemon seems to have replaced the groove pant with Wunder Unders/ other yoga pants fitted at the leg.

to me it doesn't matter that much though bc everything else is the same except the cut at the leg. i don't feel bad about wearing it out in public with a shorter top. i think that has become pretty common around here. i am pretty apple-shaped though so whatever accentuates my long skinny legs over my linebacker-shoulders is a win for me

Interesting. I’m more of a pear and the more flared the ankle the more flattering. Maybe I’ll choose to be less stylish working out but more comfortable. There have been some styles in activewear over the years that are a bit regrettable now that they’re “over” but somehow I’m thinking the classic yoga pant silhouette will age well. We’ll see. I’m glad that I’m not the only one that loves the older style!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I need to replace some and am having trouble finding them. Nike makes some cotton dri-fit ones that I'm considering at Macy's, although the ones I tried on didn't seem like much cotton. Where else can you find them in store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I need to replace some and am having trouble finding them. Nike makes some cotton dri-fit ones that I'm considering at Macy's, although the ones I tried on didn't seem like much cotton. Where else can you find them in store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw some at Target! I didn't try them on. This was a quick glance on my way to pick up a present for a kids party. But I plan on checking them out. Target is where I used to get mine back in the day.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Athleta still carries some that are flared/have a wider leg. There are also pants in the jogger-style that are a little looser through the leg and then fitted at the ankle.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I always wear yoga pants to my yoga classes, and plan to continue to do so. They're the best! I don't wear them around town or the house - just to exercise.

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast