Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl07067 View Post
    ett, same issue here, looks like our DCs are the same age! My DD1 is also a junkfood junkie when she is not at home. And what's worse now is the kids are constantly giving each other massive amounts of candy for birthdays. I mean like huuuge amounts.....I even posted about this several months ago. I don't overly restrict at home and try to keep things in balance so those forbidden foods aren't so tempting, but its not working!!!
    I don't overly restrict at home either. DS1 is just a very big eater! For example last Friday, his orchestra was participating in a fundraiser. There was a bit of wait time before their turn so they had pizza there. DS1 ate 4 pieces of pizza but he had eaten a full meal at home already right before that. He wasn't hungry; he just couldn't resist the pizza if it's available. He also tells me afterwards that he only ate one cookie during the refreshments after the fundraiser. Like that makes it all better! Ughh!
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Chitowngirl View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/16052...ight+eat+right

I haven’t bought this book, but it was recommended somewhere (maybe if the BBB - I can’t remember) and it has good reviews. I was possibly going to get it for my DS, but his nutrition and hasn’t been an issue so I never did. One reason he eats well is that he is in a sports class. Every week the coach talks about a new “power food” and they stress how athletes have to eat well to stay healthy. They also stress that some foods are “sometimes foods.” This week the power food was carrots for example. My DS came home asking for carrots so he could see in the dark. He loves to eat the power foods they talk about in class. Since the lessons come from his “coach” he really listens and internalizes it - much more than if it came from me or from a book. Maybe there is something like that where you live that you could put your daughter in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I'll give this a try. I just received the care and keeping of you and just started reading before handing over to DD, I haven't reached the food part yet.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    The problem in our household is not at home but outside the home when they're unsupervised. We are dealing with this issue with DS1. He needs to learn to make healthy choices and have self control in how much he eats (of the unhealthy stuff) when he's at school, at parties, etc.
    That makes sense. Our outside the home events are infrequent enough that to me they're treats, and not a reason to be hung up on choices, but I can see how if they're more frequent that adds up.

I saw the American Girl books mentioned... I was at the AG store this weekend and took a look through the Body book for boys and Care and Keeping of me part 2... they do have a section on healthy eating, but it's one small section of a book that covers the whole body. So it may or may not be what you're looking for.

There is also Chop Chop magazine, but while it focuses on healthy foods I think it's mostly about cooking.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would get this book for you to read, in addition to some info for her: https://www.amazon.com/Your-Childs-W...s=ellyn+satter
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2