Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We all used to have Vivofits and thought they were great! My 11yo has an LG GizmoGadget, but now has an iPhone and doesn’t need the gigantic watch/phone anymore. I got him a Vivofit 3 from BJs for $50. If he were younger, I might have done the Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    We all used to have Vivofits and thought they were great! My 11yo has an LG GizmoGadget, but now has an iPhone and doesn’t need the gigantic watch/phone anymore. I got him a Vivofit 3 from BJs for $50. If he were younger, I might have done the Jr.
    Thanks for the reply. That sounds like a good deal, and we do have BJs membership. I actually went for the Jr for both boys. The adjustable Star Wars models. I'm hoping the older one will have fun competing with his younger brother. I figure if he seems put off by the character band, I can purchase a regular solid band on Amazon that won't scream kid model. Hope it's the right choice.
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

My oldest turned 13 in February and has Vivofit 3. It's been great for him and he pairs it with his own phone. He can take the fob out and put it in an arm band while playing soccer which he likes.

DS2 turned 10 in June. I went ahead and got him the Junior. The fob looks the same and he's using the same bands we bought off Amazon as his brother. I must admit we've been bad about using the ap. DS2 loves it when we stay current. DD is 7 1/2 and getting a junior for Christmas. I think that will rekindle all of us for using the app more.

I liked the Garmin ones because they did not require charging. DH and I received fitbit HRs from his company two years ago and while I liked it charging was a pain and both of ours fell apart. DH replaced his once when it broke after 8 months and then the second one fell apart about 8 months later. Mine made it about 15 months. I haven't replaced for myself. I want waterproof for summer time and do find myself missing wearing a watch. I can't decide if I just want simple fitness or a full on smart watch.

Thanks for the input. The app was one of the big selling points for me, because both of my boys could really use reminders to do chores and even basic things like brushing their teeth. I get so sick of having to harp on them to do everything they need to do. I’m hoping maybe the reminders on their watches (and the incentives to get rewards) will spark them to get their stuff done without my asking 10 times. Guess we will see. I do worry a little that it will create too much work for me and I won’t keep current, as you said you’ve had some trouble with. How much time would you say you have to take to program and use the app? Do you need to do it daily?

Good luck deciding what you want for yourself. My Charge HR has been sitting in the charging cradle for the past couple days. Maybe the kids having the trackers will motivate me to get moving more! I may pick up a basic Garmin for DH so he can compete with the boys too and show up in their step standings. He keeps saying he wants to get exercising and never does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2