Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We don’t have an issue but my sister does. She gets everything delivered to her office. I’d do an amazon locker delivery if that’s an option where you are.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If your house is on a main street and you're afraid stuff will go missing, I'd have them delivered either to your work or to someone who lives where stolen packages are rare/family who is home a lot.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by roobee View Post
    Sign up for UPS mychoice and select to pick up packages from a UPS Store or make other delivery requests. FedEx has a similar service.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    Yes to this although sometimes still ends up shipping to my house. I have only had a problem once when USPS said they delivered a StitchFix box and I never received it. Stitch Fix sent a replacement box no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When we lived in the city, I got a private mail box. It is different than a po box and can receive fedex and ups deliveries.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I work from home so I take packages in ASAP but if I worked out of the home I would definitely do something - Amazon locker, or there are even a handful of SAHMs in my town who offer a package retrieval service for a fee (like $10/day) to go and get your package and hold onto it until you can come get it, or deliver packages to work.

The theft problem is super bad here. Even the police will knock on your door if they notice a package sitting on the porch in hopes that someone is home and will take it inside and if not, they will move the package behind a bush and even try to find a phone number to reach you. Ring won't prevent the theft...only improve the possibility of the offenders being caught eventually.

Nothing, it hasn't been an issue in our neighborhood.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Nothing, it hasn't been an issue in our neighborhood.

for us it's been a total non-issue. past 3 years both of us have worked outside the home ..i am out of the house 9-12 hours a day and several times a week we get multiple Amazon packages a day and they just leave it on our porch..has never been an issue. if anything i have had postman accidentally deliver to wrong house

if it's anything expensive (like one time we ordered Disneyland tickets/GC's through Costco travel, or I ordered a Louis Vuitton purse), it does make you sign for it and then we arrange for one of us to work from home that afternoon or something.

i subscribe to UPS My Choice also so i can know when a package is about to arrive.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I used to have packages delivered to the office (when I was in the office every day, that is!) and would usually give the mailroom guys a head's up email (hey, I'm expecting a package from X, thanks for handling it for me) ... I stopped doing this when I went to a mostly telecommute schedule in the final 4 years.

HOWEVER my front door isn't visible from the street and I haven't had packages stolen from the stoop. We've been here 9 years.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Tenasparkl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have packages shipped to my office, but family sends everything to our house for holidays. We have the ring doorbell (not sure it would prevent anything) but I do like that I can see when a package gets delivered. We’re in an area where every year someone posts about people following UPS trucks and stealing packages. I don’t think we’ve had anything go missing but maybe we have and just seemed rude for not sending a thank you note. I’d be devastated if the yearly box of cookies my sister in law sends went missing!

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Nothing happened in our neighborhood for probably 9 of the 11 years we lived here, then two packages were stolen (one on Christmas Eve, no less) in a row.

We ship everything to my office now. We also have Ring, in hopes that someone will thing twice about swiping the odd box that gets left on the porch.
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast