53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomato Soup & Lasagna with Cheese Bread

28 52.83%
  • Beef Stew with Mashed Potatoes and a Green Veggie

22 41.51%
  • I hate food / I don’t eat these things / I have a better idea

3 5.66%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I can't see the choices, but why not skip the tomato soup with the lasagna. Lasagna is always a hit, but with salad and bread I don't think tomato soup goes. Is soup necessary? Maybe another kind of warm appetizer?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    I agree about the tomato soup. Green salad, bread and lasagna would be perfect. If you want something warm to start maybe stuffed mushrooms (cheese, bread crumbs etc.)?

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If I was hosting on a weeknight and these were my two choices, I would choose stew with salad (no additional potatos) because my lasagna recipe takes an hour to bake and a little time to sit and that would be too much time to prepare dinner on a weeknight. Baked ziti could be made ahead and reheated in less time.... maybe you have a quicker lasagna recipe.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Lasagna + salad - yum!

for Sandy Hook

I voted B. Unlike PP I love stew. Would you serve it over the potatoes? I've had it that way in pubs. Yummy.

I would certainly not turn my nose up at option A! I do think tomato soup is a bit redundant though.

In all honestly a meal cooked by someone else that I didn't have to drive to? I wouldn't much care what was served.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I would love both so I didn't vote. I would pick which is my best or easiest. I agree to skip the soup with lasagna. The tomato based is too redundant, but even if it is a white sauce chicken and vegetable lasagna, I think it is such a generous meal that a soup isn't necessary.

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would go with lasagna. In my experience, soups and stews are common absolutely will not eat foods.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love both of those choices. I chose Lasagna but would happily eat beef stew too. Do what makes you happy
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Unless everyone is sitting at a table, I wouldn't do soup. Lap soup is always awkward, had it this weekend at a potluck and I avoided it. Otherwise, it all sounds delicious.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks all! I will do stew -- I can make the day before and it will all be good (i've made it a bunch of times -- unlike lasagna). They will all eat it (I checked) and I don't put potatoes in the stew and sere it over mashed potatoes (UK style?). It is a Sunday night so I have time to prep and cook but would like to enjoy the company so have things ready vs in kitchen when they come. Will do some light apps and it is a sit down at a table event. Now on to plan the dessert -- I like to bake!

I did make a great tomato soup yesterday which is why it made it to the menu (it was really what can I serve with this great soup vs it goes well with lasagna). Thanks again for the BBB wisdom!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Thanks all! I will do stew -- I can make the day before and it will all be good (i've made it a bunch of times -- unlike lasagna). They will all eat it (I checked) and I don't put potatoes in the stew and sere it over mashed potatoes (UK style?). It is a Sunday night so I have time to prep and cook but would like to enjoy the company so have things ready vs in kitchen when they come. Will do some light apps and it is a sit down at a table event. Now on to plan the dessert -- I like to bake!

I did make a great tomato soup yesterday which is why it made it to the menu (it was really what can I serve with this great soup vs it goes well with lasagna). Thanks again for the BBB wisdom!
    Sounds like a great choice, I am sure it will be delicious!!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast