Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mnj77 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I read about 45 books a year. I take my kindle with me and read wherever I am, and I read myself to sleep every night.

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I am impressed with some of these numbers! I love reading but mostly binge read these days. I probably average one book per week though many weeks I don't read at all and then in one weekend I might read 3 novels. Honestly, I only manage to read if I stay up late, during kid activities, or if I sneak it in the afternoons. I do count audiobooks and I truly love them but I have been in a slump lately. I very rarely spend extra time on my cell phone or watch tv so that helps free up time for reading.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I read everyday—some days more than others, but everyday. On average, I would say I read about 3 books a month. I read off the best sellers lists, historical fiction, non fiction, and occasionally books my DD loved and asks me to read. Unfortunately, I don’t have the best memory, and plan to start reviewing them on Amazon as a New Years resolution—with the hope that it’ll help my retention!

I read between 3-7 books a week, depending on how much I like the books that I'm reading. I have about 3-4 books going at one time. It drives my husband nuts. I love a good, thick book. The more pages, the happier I am. I read suspense (Daniel Silva, David Balducci), modern literature, chick-lit, best-sellers, and some non-fiction. My15 yr old daughter and I just read Murder on the Orient Express before we saw the movie. I read some of her books when she highly recommends them, but I am really not a YA person.

I always have a book with me, wherever I go, so I can just start reading if I have any wait time. I read while "watching" with the family. I can't just sit and watch tv, unless it's something that pulls me in. I will say that I stay up WAY too late to read, and never get enough sleep, and am never well rested.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow! I can’t get over some of these numbers!
    I read about 6 due to my book club! I used to be such a bookworm until college, then priorities changed.
    I’m trying to resume that so
    I started another book club! I find it’s helpful to have that as a motivator.

6 books this year. I read a lot of news and do not have time to do both that and up my book #s. I read more books before kids and am sure I will when they are older.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I am impressed with some of these numbers! I love reading but mostly binge read these days. I probably average one book per week though many weeks I don't read at all and then in one weekend I might read 3 novels. Honestly, I only manage to read if I stay up late, during kid activities, or if I sneak it in the afternoons. I do count audiobooks and I truly love them but I have been in a slump lately. I very rarely spend extra time on my cell phone or watch tv so that helps free up time for reading.
    That's pretty much where I am right now. I used to read a lot, especially when my kids were little (nursing and naptime were prime reading time for me. No wonder my house is a mess). This past year, though, I think I've probably read 25 books total. I just cannot pay attention anymore. I'm hoping it's a temporary phase.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

State of relief now that we will have sanity in the White House again

I read all the time, often a book a day. It helps that I’m a very fast reader, but my kids also know that reading is my downtime, and they usually respect that. I read at lunch if I’m on my own, waiting for appointments, pretty much everywhere. I read a couple of hours before bed, but I’m a night owl. We also try and do family reading time, where we all read together (except my husband who hates to read. I still can’t believe I married a non-reader when books are such a big part of my life.)
    ds 2004
    ds 2006
    ds 2008
    ds 2010

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got through spurts of reading based on energy etc. I am a very fast reader so I can plow through a lot of books (esp easy ones like mysteries) if I have the time. I will say I read so much more since getting my paperwhite, as I can read in dim light easily and make the font larger (I'm 39, so not quite ready for reading glasses but my eyes do get tired at night!)

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When I'm in a book loving phase, I usually read one book per week. I read from 8pm until 10:30pm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast