khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Youth Goggles for snowboarding

First off - DD is 12 and took a Adult Large helmet at Costco (Bolle) so is it safe to say Adult goggles will fit her? We all have big heads in our family. ha ha!

2nd - DD is snowboarding for the 1st time. She is doing a ski&board program at school. they bus them to the mountain. I imagine they will get there around 3:30 and they leave around 8pm. Its dark here around 4pm. Maybe slightly later like 4:15. Should I just buy her clear goggles? or should the lens have a tint? She doesnt really ever wear sunglasses so the tint might be annoying to her. Especially since it will be dark out (except for the lights).
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think if the adult helmet works then the adult goggles will work. They are somewhat adjustable as well. You could always get both in case and return one (assuming g you are getting at Costco)

Some goggles have interchangeable lenses but I would probably stick with clear to start especially for the dark.

Ditto mmsmom. We have big heads too and she is 12--adult goggles should be fine. I would totally get the clear ones. She won't be able to see otherwise. You may have to buy tinted ones later for boarding during the day. But you can cross that bridge when you get to it. I just wish we had natural snow........
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just checked and the Costco goggles only come with yellow tinted (for when its cloudy) or the pink tinted lenses. Will either of those suffice for nighttime snowboarding? I might have to go to another store for clear ones.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You have no idea how glad I am to see that your child is wearing an adult helmet! We got the same one for both of our kids (9 & 5) and also had to get an adult size. They both have huge heads (have always been in the 99% for head size!) but I was having a hard time grasping that their heads were THAT big. We ended up with the child goggles and they had plenty of room, but I would imagine at 12 the adult size would be fine.