Question If you could have one pair of shoes for each season, what would they be?

Excluding work out shoes, rain, & snow boots. I'm especially wondering your picks if you live in a place with four very distinct seasons.

Cold winter:
    Spring:
    Summer:
    Fall:

I'm trying to get better bang for my buck with my footwear, and also want to pick cute things that don't look frumpy/ old lady-ish. I have fussy feet, so tend to wear Vionic flip flops all summer, for instance, but realize I could get by with some cuter options that still feel good (metallic Birkenstocks Gizeh, for instance).
    I've come up with a small list, but need to narrow it down more. What would you add or remove?

Winter: Uggs/ Sorel
    Spring: Sperry Topsider/ Converse/ Vans slip-ons/ black Nike tennis shoes with no-show socks
    Summer: Birkenstock
    Fall: Frye boots/ Uggs/ Hunter rain boots

What's on-trend these days?

Thanks!

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think booties, vans or converse type tennies and strapy flat sandals are nice. I also love ballet flats pretty much year round. I have to wear flats at work, so I have lots of ballet flats and some de orsy flats I like. I have also embraced the flat and minimalist shoes trend and my feet and back feel so much better. I still have a few pair of wedges and heels that I love, but I rarely wear, and I should probably think about getting rid of some of them. I finally threw away the last of my flip flops... It was hard. I loved those!
    Last edited by abh5e8; 01-10-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Winter: Sorel
    Spring: Converse/ Vans slip-ons
    Summer: Birkenstock
    Fall: Frye bootIES/ Hunter rain boots
    I would keep the above.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well...I absolutely LOVE my Rothy's. I have 3 pairs of The Point in different colors - one solid black for work (but it also dresses down easily), one in a gray camo, and my fun red camo ones. I wear them all year round (we really only have 2 seasons here but as PP said, ballet flat type shoes can be worn pretty much year round).

I also have a navy pair of the round-toe Rothy's ballet flats but don't wear them as much. The Point is much more on trend and dresses easily up or down where the ballet flat looks strictly casual.

For the hot summers, I love my Crocs Isabella sandals - they come in a few different styles and fun colors. The one I wear most is the T-strap.

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    I would keep the above.
    That is my thought too. My footwear is pretty much exactly same as yours.

Winter: ugg boots (short and tall) I didn’t like sorel but really wanted to! My feet just wasn’t comfortable with it. Perhaps reduce that to either ugg or sorel for you?

Summer; my feet is really small, narrow and sensitive skin to boot. I only wear vionic flip flops for pool and casual day/evenings. I have 4 different pairs that I refresh and replace every 2-4 summers.

Spring; I wear vans, converse, ballet flats, and hunter boots.

Fall/winter; 3 different knee high boots in different colors and styles.

A couple of formal flat and heels for formal wear, a pair of neutral wedges and house slippers. That’s my footwear consist of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Warm months: Chaco sandals
    Cold months: Dansko clogs (3 prs)
    House shoes: Birkenstocks (with socks in cold, without in warm)

That is basically what I wear when I am not working. I need different shoes and boots for work outfits. And I have 2 pairs of running shoes that only get worn running and hiking boots and biking cleats...But everyday wear, its either clogs or sandals. We don't really get a spring--goes straight from cold to warm. I do have winter boots for dog walking.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

I have recently rediscovered Aerosoles and I think that they've really upped their style game since I last wore them.