Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
Do you let your DD2 ride without in your van? We still have DS1 in a high back booster in my car because it still fits him and he doesn’t complain. In DHs car he uses a low back booster because DS2s car seat expired and we gave him the HBB. I know I’ll get pushback from DS2 when DS1 moves out of his seat in my car. I need to check the HBB for fit with DS1.
No, I only let DD2 ride without it in the van if she's sitting in that Plus One seat. She has to use a booster otherwise. She doesn't complain, but every now and then she'll sit in there without a booster and ask me if it looks like she's big enough to ride without one

I know it's on their minds since none of their friends are in boosters, and haven't been for some time now! When they do ask about it (which really isn't often), I just remind them of the 5-step test. It's extra hard because they're twins, but they are so different in height so DD2 is gonna 5-step it waaaaay before DD1. Fortunately DD1 is my easy child but I kinda feel bad for her