Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Overnight Care

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would start with babysitters.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

With the amount of effort and stress it's going to take to find night care, could she take that time and look for a different job? I can't imagine that she has a lot of extra money to pay a childcare provider for 8+ hours a night, even if it's fairly infrequent.

The overnight shift is one night per week. It's a hospital job and it is the best job she's ever had in terms of pay and work environment. When I asked if she could afford to pay for care she got upset. She doesn't receive regular child support (it's being dealt with in court).

When I asked what the problem was with the older child she said that when he thinks no one can hear he criticizes her son and tells him outlandish stories (like the petsitter didn't really feed their pet while they were gone). To me nothing she said sounded outside the normal range of things a big brother would do. I mean big brothers pick on little brothers, right, tell them they're doing things wong? And tell them crazy stories? I know I said similar things to my little sister growing up. Her son is just so sensitive, he just does whatever other kids tell him to do then runs to her for protection.

As far as losing his temper, the grandfather does get mad and yell and will curse. It's not ok or mature, but it's also not a physically dangerous situation. It just makes things stressful. I wish she would get away from depending on them.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    DS 05/09
    DD 12/12

In that scenario with latest information, since it’s only for one night per week. The best option is ask an older babysitter like a college student. It shouldn’t be too hard financially since it would be a flat rate for most of night and normal pay at waking hours.

That is if this job is really her best chance in having a job with decent pay and benefits. Only way is do the babysitter route since it’s a fairly regular jig, so a big ask of a random classmate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2