Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default FYI: Recaro no longer selling car seats in the US market

I need to replace DD1's Recaro Performance Sport HBB but I have been unable to find it anywhere. I called Recaro and they told me they are no longer producing car seats for the US market. FYI.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow, I wonder why? Did they say?
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    I need to replace DD1's Recaro Performance Sport HBB but I have been unable to find it anywhere. I called Recaro and they told me they are no longer producing car seats for the US market. FYI.
    Oh wow, I wonder why that it. We have a Performance Sport too (I think that's the one...it's their seat that can be used as a 5 pt or a HBB) and I love it! I'm glad it has several years till expiration!
    Lizi

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

.... so I googled it and Baby Bargains came up as the first hit for the reason they stopped selling!

http://www.babybargains.com/breaking...ller-business/

Basically, they had a big battle over a recall issue in the US and their brand took a big hit and it wasn't worth it anymore to sell there.
    Lizi

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yeah, they discontinued the performance booster a while back, which really sucks since it's one of the few that works in my third row

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    .... so I googled it and Baby Bargains came up as the first hit for the reason they stopped selling!

http://www.babybargains.com/breaking...ller-business/

Basically, they had a big battle over a recall issue in the US and their brand took a big hit and it wasn't worth it anymore to sell there.
    Any idea when that was posted? I didn't see a date. Actually I didn't realize there was a recall! I need to go check my seats. Yikes!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Yeah, they discontinued the performance booster a while back, which really sucks since it's one of the few that works in my third row
    Oh man!!! PM me if you want ours! We have two and I'd be happy to send you one for the cost of shipping if you want it

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Oh man!!! PM me if you want ours! We have two and I'd be happy to send you one for the cost of shipping if you want it
    Aww thanks - we actually just finally traded in the mazda5 for an odyssey on Saturday so my 9 yo can finally get out of the high back since it's actually car seat friendly. Appreciate the offer though!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Aww thanks - we actually just finally traded in the mazda5 for an odyssey on Saturday so my 9 yo can finally get out of the high back since it's actually car seat friendly. Appreciate the offer though!
    Oh yay! The Odyssey is just amazing when it comes to car seats!

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Hi, Do you still have the 2 Recaro car seats?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast