Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wear Levi's 710 Super Skinny jeans pretty much every day!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    NYDJ at Nordstrom rack
    I would get a Dark wash – it will fade so may as well start out dark. I personally still wear boot cut LOL because that’s the most flattering for me. Clearly I don’t care about fashion trends.

You just have to try on a bunch and see what works. I recently bought some jeans with little gemstones on the pocket and I’ve lived to regret it because they keep falling off. Don’t make that mistake.
    Bootcut gal here too! I like Mavi Ashley bootcut, but I'm not sure if they're sold at Penney's. I wear a size 27/4 and I also have curvier hips and small waist. I should try some straight leg styles - I just detest skinnies!

BTW, congrats on the 15lbs weight loss - woo hoo!

for Sandy Hook

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I wear Levi's 710 Super Skinny jeans pretty much every day!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Ok those look like what I'm seeing on "the cool moms", lol. (That's a GOOD thing when we're talking fashion!) Levi's have been good to me forever and I know Penney's sells them. I'll try them out. I still have about (eek!) twenty pounds to go until I'm back to pre-kids sizes so we'll see if it is still a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Bootcut gal here too! I like Mavi Ashley bootcut, but I'm not sure if they're sold at Penney's. I wear a size 27/4 and I also have curvier hips and small waist. I should try some straight leg styles - I just detest skinnies!

BTW, congrats on the 15lbs weight loss - woo hoo!
    Thank you! I'll have to see about that brand. I haven't seen them at Penney's before but it has been a long time.

Default What jeans would you buy if you could only have one pair?

Joe’s Jeans from Nordstrom though. Skinnier vs boot cut but they have curvy cuts and some with a little stretch too. No recs for Penney’s. I would look for dark wash and whatever you get, fit is key and try on several styles to see what works for you. A great jean on one person can be non flattering on others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    NYDJ at Nordstrom rack
    I would get a Dark wash – it will fade so may as well start out dark. I personally still wear boot cut LOL because that’s the most flattering for me. Clearly I don’t care about fashion trends.
    I also live in bootcut jeans! I do realize that skinny is more popular, but I just don't feel confident in them, unless I'm wearing them with tall boots. I have two and one is from Loft and the other from Costco, of all places. I'm more of an apple shape and feel like bootcut balance out my proportions the best. Agree with everyone else to just go and try out a bunch in your size.

Thanks guys. I've been wearing skinny or straight for the past couple years or so. I just feel like I'm nearing the end of the reign of the skinny jean and hate to buy something that's not still fashionable. Flares and boot cuts do look best on me but I can do skinny and make it work, even though I've still got some to lose. I just want one pair that feels updated and yet not too noticeable.

Realized I never updated! I bought a pair of Levi's Mid Rise Skinny in a dark rinse. They've been extremely functional and it is so nice to have a new pair!! It was so important to try on a hundred different pair. I did like the super skinny too but couldn't find the right length in stock. The mid-rise skinny fit perfectly in length and girth, lol.

Thanks for all your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2