Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alaska

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We did an Alaska cruise for my dad's 80th birthday in 2003. Flew to Anchorage first, did a few days there. Didn't do Denali, but you could plan for that. One room was the four of us. Our parents and my adult brother shared the next room. The two rooms were connected thru the balcony.

Yes, it was cramped, but somehow we managed. I think if we were to do it again, we spread out more. We didn't spend that much time in our rooms. DH and I have become more extravagant travelers since that trip.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Also, it is late to plan for an Alaska cruise. It's usually cheaper when you are able to boom ahead. I think we booked it in the fall or early winter the year before our cruise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We used VRBO on our Alaska trip a couple summers ago. We took ferries on the inner passage and then flew Juneau - Anchorage. It was nice to be on our own schedule, and it doesn't require quite as much lead time a booking a cruise. It was probably at least as expensive as a cruise though. We stayed in Juneau, Sitka, Anchorage and just outside Denali.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2