almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default best way to get to Universal hotel from airport?

We are arriving in Orlando next Sunday, and won't be renting a car for the first couple days while we stay at a Universal resort. What's the best way to get to the hotel from the airport? 4 people with small to medium size luggage.

Thanks!
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We used Mears to pick us up. I don't remember the cost, but it wasn't too bad. We had 3 groups in the SUV though.
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Uber or Lyft. You’ll want the XL size. It’s a heck of a lot cheaper than Mears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Uber or Lyft. You’ll want the XL size. It’s a heck of a lot cheaper than Mears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Has MCO changed their policies to allow Uber and Lyft to the airport? They could not when we travelled in November 2016. We used a driver that had been recommended highly on another message board. He was flexible when our flights changed and we arrived 3 hours early. He includes a short grocery stop if you want (we just grabbed some soda and water) I don't recall the actual cost, but I think he was around $100 for round trip to Universal. I can send you his name and contact info if you want to get his updated pricing.
    mom to Billy 12/07

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yep! They actually changed it in July 2017. The Uber website (and I assume Lyft) has step by step instructions on how to hail an Uber and where to get it at MCO.
    Was it Tony Hinds? He comes highly recommended over on the Dis Boards. That's the price I see quoted still.

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Yep! They actually changed it in July 2017. The Uber website (and I assume Lyft) has step by step instructions on how to hail an Uber and where to get it at MCO.
    Was it Tony Hinds? He comes highly recommended over on the Dis Boards. That's the price I see quoted still.
    It was Tony! He was great. Huge van (for 3 of us) made it so easy. For the return, he asked for a 2hr advance notice (since we were spending the last night at the airport Hyatt, we were open to timing) and he arrived right on time.
    mom to Billy 12/07