Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Bra size confusion

i am relatively small chested and right now have terrible bras. I just measured according to instructions and based on the measurements I am 2 different sizes on 2 different websites.

Herroom.com -32B
    Breakout Bras-30DD or 30E

Now I am totally confused as to what size I am? anyone have trouble like that? what would you do?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Get fitted in person and try on a bunch. That's a drastic size differential!

I know a lot of folks swear by Breakout Bras' instructions, but I tried it myself and got different results every time. Maybe I was in a rush!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ive never gotten a good measurement on myself. This worked though- I looked up solutions to my biggest bra complaint (shoulders slipping off, in my case) and followed that advice (in my case, go down a band size). Much better! It can help to just ID what troubles your having and work from there vs trying to get an all new measurement.
    Brands really don’t fit differently so you still need to experiment. eta they really do fit differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 02-22-2018 at 12:35 PM.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Try in person if you can, preferably a local lingerie shop or somewhere like Nordstrom. If that isn't possible I'd try a store with free online returns like Nordstrom and buy a style in the various sizes. Be prepared to spend a bit of $$ but it's so worth it to get a bra that fits well and your clothes will fit better.

Don't even bother with Victoria's Secret or probably Soma either because they won't have much of any stock in the 30EE band size and IME stores without my size magically change my measurement to something they do carry that doesn't actually fit well.

I haven't explored it but I've heard good things about this reddit forum too: https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/
    Last edited by mikala; 02-21-2018 at 03:11 PM.

I just went to Nordstroms a few days ago and the lady who did the fitting was awesome. So worth it if you have the time. I ended up with a Natori and Chantelle bras. They were a bit pricey, but the fit was comfortable and good.

Have you tried these instructions?
    I was wearing the wrong size before I followed this link. Having more than two measurements helped me find the right size
    DS April 2010
    DS March 2016

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by c&j04 View Post
    Have you tried these instructions?
    I was wearing the wrong size before I followed this link. Having more than two measurements helped me find the right size
    I recommend this, as well. Old school measuring techniques involve adding 2-4 inches to your band size, which reduces the cup size that you'll get. I think that's what's going on a bit with your size recommendations. A tighter band and bigger cup definitely fit me better, even though it was a bit mind-boggling at first.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Brands really don’t fit differently so you still need to experiment.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here.

I've actually found that some brands' bands do fit differently - Fredericks of Hollywood, for example, runs small (I'm a 38 in just about every other brand, but a Fredericks 38 is just plain not right; and, yes, I'm using the loosest set of hooks) - so that's part of why I recommend trying on a bunch of different brands at a fitting.

The other thing about brands and styles is that there feels like there's a lot of variation in the volume of each cup, especially if one has a fuller chest, so a cup that runneth over might need a different style bra. Volume-wise, I like Chantelle, Natori, and, strangely enough, the Stunning Support line at Soma has been great. (Currently wearing a G-cup.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here.

I've actually found that some brands' bands do fit differently - Fredericks of Hollywood, for example, runs small (I'm a 38 in just about every other brand, but a Fredericks 38 is just plain not right; and, yes, I'm using the loosest set of hooks) - so that's part of why I recommend trying on a bunch of different brands at a fitting.

The other thing about brands and styles is that there feels like there's a lot of variation in the volume of each cup, especially if one has a fuller chest, so a cup that runneth over might need a different style bra. Volume-wise, I like Chantelle, Natori, and, strangely enough, the Stunning Support line at Soma has been great. (Currently wearing a G-cup.)

Typo! Brands do fit differently!!

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This quiz is very helpful - https://www.herroom.com/know-your-br...Questions.aspx If you're in the DC/Baltimore area Bra-La-La in Fulton Md has amazing fitters/selection.

Also, do not be afraid of 3 part cup bras, they fit many people much much better than molded cups and are more supportive. You can get some that are more lined for modesty though my favorites are not, and I am a 32F. Bonus is they're easier to wash.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast