Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    The one problem I have with reclining seats is "movie time" becomes "nap time". Even movies I want to see, I find myself drifting off.
    I make it even worse for myself because I bring a big cozy blanket with me to cover up.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yep, I always bring a throw blanket and cozy socks!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    The one problem I have with reclining seats is "movie time" becomes "nap time". Even movies I want to see, I find myself drifting off.
    I can drift off in the old "normal" theater seats. Usually in movies I only had a passing interest in, but also during ones I really wanted to see. Even during action scenes, I can scrunch down in the seat and nod off.

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Indeed. Same reason we rarely do movies at home anymore, if I'm in my comfy furniture I almost always fall asleep!
    I watch DVDs all the time, and can mostly stay awake for those. I do stretch out on the couch with a blanket and a pillow even for tv shows though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    I make it even worse for myself because I bring a big cozy blanket with me to cover up.
    I have seen people do this and get a little jealous. I always have a jacket with me since I get cold easily, so that suffices for comfort.
    mom to Billy 12/07

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

The theaters we go to have assigned seats. DH would be upset if someone was in our seats. Apparently movie theaters are set up with an optimal position for the screen and surround sound. If that area is taken, he has other seats he’ll select. I don’t care, but due to his work with movies, he’s very picky about the sound quality or it ruins the experience for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't understand people who go to the reserved seat theaters and then sit wherever they want. I like these types of theaters since you don't have to get there too early since you know where the seats are but I don't like the prices. Movie prices are ridiculous now. It's almost $20 here for an adult ticket in a reserved seat theater.

I like to use the discount tickets from Costco for the movies so the assigned seating theaters makes it more difficult as I have to go to the theater in advance to buy the tickets vs. just showing up. I usually go to the cheap theater with the 2nd run movies which is $3.50 for 2D and $5 for 3D. My DC sometimes complain but they aren't paying! I will buy them popcorn at the cheap theatre even though it costs more than the ticket but we seem to go to the movies before or after a meal so there isn't always a need for popcorn! Of course they think anytime is the time for popcorn...
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Me neither! I'll have to check if any of ours do. We rarely go to the movies since it's expensive, although I think it must be cheap here as it's nowhere near $70!
    We're across the state from you, but almost all of our theaters have assigned seating with recliners in the first 2-3 rows. First run movies are around $10.

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We only use theaters with assigned seats at this point. It is so much more relaxing.

I’ve never had a problem with people in our seats. I think we were one of the test cities so the practice has been around so long that everyone understands how it works. I recall the early days they had people checking your tickets as you sat down, but that quickly became unnecessary.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5