Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Costco DL packages?

We are looking for hotel and tix for DisneyLand, only 3 night hotel and 2 day tix. I can get them at Costco with a bonus of a "free" gift card and premium character dining for all 4 of us.

Any downfalls to using Costco to get DL hotel/tix?
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

I’m also curious to know. We are super fans of Costco in general and Costco Travel, and I just last week booked a 5-night off-site WDW hotel for a Memorial weekend stay with WDW park tickets. So no feedback on the actual trip yet but I’m curious to hear when others weigh in. I will say that my park ticket “Will-Call voucher” was emailed within the 48-Hour window they indicated in the Costco receipt. I promptly linked the tickets to my MDE account and assigned to family members without any problems and am just waiting on the appropriate time ranges to start booking dining and fast passes. My package didn’t have a gift card or any additional perks but I’m sure Costco is clear in communicating how it works, any blackout or exceptions, etc. I would make sure to read all the fine print carefully. The package I bought did not have 100% refund of any sort, it was like 55% up to a certain date etc.
    DS 2014

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I recently booked 2 Costco trips, both for the same vacation. I did the Dolphin for Disney and Portofino Bay for Universal. The trip is in June.

For the Dolphin, I only added 1 ticket. I easily attached the ticket to my Disney account online. No problems. Until a week or so before the trip, I can get a 100% refund on the hotel part. The ticket is not refundable. I need to call to figure out how to put the hotel on though, so we can get FP booked next month.

For the Portofino portion, I bought 5 Universal tickets and they will be at Will Call at the park. I also get a $217 Costco card. The card comes in the mail 2-4 weeks after the trip is completed. The entire vacation is refundable until a week or so before the check in date.

Also, there is 2% back from the Executive membership.

Each reservation was a good $300 cheaper than any other way I could find to book. Plus the gift card. It ended up being quite the savings!
    Kris

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So DL was running a spring resort hotel special and our room price dropped a bit, so I booked it thru Costco. It looks like Costco works directly with Disney reservations so I'm pretty sure I booked thru them anyway, but got Premium character dinner for 4 (which we'll use on our arrival night when we're not going to the parks ) and the gift card.

Only annoying thing is they do not send your tix/etc., they have everything available for pickup at the desk at checkin. I'd rather make sure I have everything on hand, but from what I've read it's legit and has worked out fine for other people.

Happy vacationing everyone!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I recently booked 2 Costco trips, both for the same vacation. I did the Dolphin for Disney and Portofino Bay for Universal. The trip is in June.

For the Dolphin, I only added 1 ticket. I easily attached the ticket to my Disney account online. No problems. Until a week or so before the trip, I can get a 100% refund on the hotel part. The ticket is not refundable. I need to call to figure out how to put the hotel on though, so we can get FP booked next month.

For the Portofino portion, I bought 5 Universal tickets and they will be at Will Call at the park. I also get a $217 Costco card. The card comes in the mail 2-4 weeks after the trip is completed. The entire vacation is refundable until a week or so before the check in date.

Also, there is 2% back from the Executive membership.

Each reservation was a good $300 cheaper than any other way I could find to book. Plus the gift card. It ended up being quite the savings!
    We did Swan last year throughCostco and was seamless. Just link your reservation in MDE and good to go.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Default Swan & Dolphin

Hello! I'm starting to plan our very first trip to WDW and saw your post abgoing through Costco (which I'm considerring). Did you and your family enjoy staying at the Swan? That's one of the options I"m looking at. The other is the Boardwalk. Hope you had a great time!
    Mary
    Mommy to two wonderful girls!

Any update on experiences? How to add memory maker? Or travel insurance because the deal I'm looking at isn't 100% refundable if you need to cancel and I've BTDT on other trips. It's about a $500 savings for me but I'll gladly spend that if it's easier to not go the costco way.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Well, it was difficult to add the Dolphin to the MDE. It took a few phone calls and it finally showed up. It did not work at all when I put in the number on my reservation or the first (different) number the Dolphin gave me over the phone. But it did show up. And then it disappeared and required another phone call to get it back. No problems after that.

We enjoyed the Dophin a lot. The room was a decent size and had space for a rollaway. We liked the pool. Kids made s'mores and enjoyed that. We found transportation was good too.

My only real glitch is that I have Costco Travel on my "to call" list for tomorrow because we have not received the Costco gift card yet. The information says 4-6 weeks after the trip, and we were home June 25. It's for $217, so I need to call! Hopefully that isn't an issue to get and it really happens.

Memory Maker is just purchased from Disney. We did it and did not think it was a value. We spent a lot of time looking for photographers and they were never around it seemed. Really disappointing.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Well, it was difficult to add the Dolphin to the MDE. It took a few phone calls and it finally showed up. It did not work at all when I put in the number on my reservation or the first (different) number the Dolphin gave me over the phone. But it did show up. And then it disappeared and required another phone call to get it back. No problems after that.

We enjoyed the Dophin a lot. The room was a decent size and had space for a rollaway. We liked the pool. Kids made s'mores and enjoyed that. We found transportation was good too.

My only real glitch is that I have Costco Travel on my "to call" list for tomorrow because we have not received the Costco gift card yet. The information says 4-6 weeks after the trip, and we were home June 25. It's for $217, so I need to call! Hopefully that isn't an issue to get and it really happens.

Memory Maker is just purchased from Disney. We did it and did not think it was a value. We spent a lot of time looking for photographers and they were never around it seemed. Really disappointing.
    Thank you for the input, especially about linking. I've always booked straight through WDW so I wasn't sure how that part of linking in worked. This is a discount, not a cash back gift card back so that helps. We always use memory maker and love it and I work the stops into our touring plans as I know they can be off the path sometimes.