JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Is anyone else doing the melt method or know about it?

I have been taking a melt method class for the past month, and would like to transition into doing it at home. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this so we can compare notes.

Thanks!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’ve been doing Pilates since September and the instructor begins our class with Melt. I was considering buying the half roller to have at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I’ve been doing Pilates since September and the instructor begins our class with Melt. I was considering buying the half roller to have at home.

Thanks for the response, jgenie! Sorry it took me so long to come back and see this. That's great that you have some melt combined with your pilates class! I have been thinking that pilates is the next thing I need to add to what I have going.

I have been doing melt with an instructor for about a month, and am wanting to transition to doing it at home. I was hoping to find someone who has some experience with the dvds, as they don't seem to have any reviews yet.

Thanks.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Thanks for the response, jgenie! Sorry it took me so long to come back and see this. That's great that you have some melt combined with your pilates class! I have been thinking that pilates is the next thing I need to add to what I have going.

I have been doing melt with an instructor for about a month, and am wanting to transition to doing it at home. I was hoping to find someone who has some experience with the dvds, as they don't seem to have any reviews yet.

Thanks.
    I’ll ask my instructor at my next class. We’re on a break so it’ll be three weeks but I’ll post back if I get any info.

I’ll ask my instructor at my next class. We’re on a break so it’ll be three weeks but I’ll post back if I get any info.

Thanks so much for being willing to do that! Since it will be 3 weeks away, I don't think I need you to do that though; I am going to ask my instructor as well; just wanted to see if there was anyone on the board who had personal experience with the dvd .

Enjoy your break from you class and your class!

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Thanks so much for being willing to do that! Since it will be 3 weeks away, I don't think I need you to do that though; I am going to ask my instructor as well; just wanted to see if there was anyone on the board who had personal experience with the dvd .

Enjoy your break from you class and your class!

Thanks again!
    Please post back if you do buy the dvd. I’m interested in adding a home work out as well. Thanks!

Please post back if you do buy the dvd. I’m interested in adding a home work out as well. Thanks!

I am am planning to buy it, so I will post an update after I buy it and watch/use it!

I had said I would update after I bought the dvd and am just now returning to do that.

I like the dvd and find it very user friendly. I do think it is helpful to have some MELT experience beforehand (even if as part of a different type of class), but I think it could be used even without that. It is easy to follow the positions, and in some cases I learned more about how I should position my body than in the in-person local class I took. I used it for several weeks and did end up buying the MELT book as well, as that additionally offers more routines (called maps) that you can do regularly.

I really enjoy Melt and find it extremely relaxing.