okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Anyone still doing intermittent fasting?

I'm contemplating trying out intermittent fasting, and I remembered a few members posting about it, so I went searching for the threads and it looks like they were from over a year ago.

Is there anyone still doing it? Are those of you that started a year+ ago still going strong?

Any been there done that advice? Pro's/Cons? Do you eat 3 large meals a day? When are your fasting hours? How do you feel throughout the day?

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I intermittent fast. I don't just any particular program, it's just whatever I feel like. Totally unscientific but it works for me. I have so much energy.
    I like to almost completely fast once a week, and then I narrow my eating window to 1pm-7pm several days a week. I also drastically limit carbs most days, and cut sugar out except for an occasional dessert with kids.

On my fast days, I have a quad cappuccino, a sliced orange pepper (it barely counts and tastes so sweet since it's all i'm eating), and sometimes I have a glass of red wine in the evening.

On my short eating window days, I usually eat a big lunch that is some variation of eggs, avocado, spinach, and bacon or sausage. At dinner, I eat a healthy dinner of protein, veggies, and healthy fats.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't know if what I do is truly intermittent fasting but I try to only eat within a 12 hour window so whatever time I eat my after dinner dessert (if I eat one), I usually don't eat again for 12 hours.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just started intermittent fasting, and currently fast for 16 hours and my eating window is 8 hours. I'm 3 days in, and so far, it fits perfectly into my life as I'm a teacher and have very specific times that I can eat, so I just plan my eating window around that. So far, I'm still feeling pretty bloated, but I'm hopeful that in time, it will help me loose some belly fat and bloat.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Anyone still doing intermittent fasting?

I just started today. Like you I work in a school. I have some control over my schedule so I’ll organize eating window around that. I did 5:2 fasting a few years back and liked that I was more intentional with eating on regular days. I couldn’t do 500 calories on work days, so Hoping I can do some form of 16/8.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 03-29-2018 at 11:44 PM.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I do this most days. I kind of fell into it out of convenience. Most days I eat between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. I do it because it's easier for me to eat at work then it is at home or when I'm with the kids. I always seem so busy then. I ate a big breakfast at 10 during a break that I have at work by then eat a late lunch at maybe 12:30 or 1 and then I usually eat my dinner around 4:30 right before I leave from work. I started this when I realized I just wasn't hungry in the evenings after eating 3 meals during the work day. I don't have a weight loss goal per se but it has been a good way for me to maintain my weight.

I also cut out most carbs sugars and Grains and I think that's helped a lot. I find if I get hungry in the evening I drink warm herbal tea and feel fine. I'm not usually hungry at night so much as bored or thirsty when I go looking for a snack.

I do feel pretty full when I leave work for the day, after I eaten my dinner. I noticed on the nights or the mornings that I cheat in either eat in the evening or in the morning I feel really off if I eat at night I feel pretty crummy in the morning and if I eat something in the morning especially if it's carbs I want to take a nap instead of eat my lunch.

I'm not sure how much of the benefit is from the intermittent fasting or for cutting out carbs and sugar but it's working so I'm going to keep it up.
    Last edited by abh5e8; 03-29-2018 at 05:46 PM.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)