Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tachycardia

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I also have PVCs discovered in pregnancy but haven’t gone away. My dr suggested 400-800 mg of magnesium. That really helps with the symptoms. Like you i passed every heart test so they just are what they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yes, I have this exactly. I started getting PVC’s after my first pregnancy. After my second, I’d get the racing hearbeat. I wore a holster monitor for a week and it didn’t happen. So then I had another monitor with me for a month and we finally caught it and recorded it. I was diagnosed by my cardiologist as having supraventricular tachycardia. Another cardiologist I see says he has found that when the diaphragm is compressed in someway (usually by bending over), that’s what most often starts the tachycardia for his patients. I will say that bending over or squatting is usually what starts my episodes. Both cardiologists wanted to do ablation therapy but since I’m only experiencing these episodes no more than once or twice a year now, that seemed silly. Instead they taught me vagal maneuvers to stop the episodes and “restart” my heartbeat. They have only not worked one time and for that I carry a prescription of Diltiazem with me. The vagal maneuvers that work best for me are gently massaging my neck or pressing on my eyelids. If those dont work, bearing down always does.

You should definitely see a cardiologist, though, to find out what is causing your episodes. Good luck!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Yes, I have this exactly. I started getting PVC’s after my first pregnancy. After my second, I’d get the racing hearbeat. I wore a holster monitor for a week and it didn’t happen. So then I had another monitor with me for a month and we finally caught it and recorded it. I was diagnosed by my cardiologist as having supraventricular tachycardia. Another cardiologist I see says he has found that when the diaphragm is compressed in someway (usually by bending over), that’s what most often starts the tachycardia for his patients. I will say that bending over or squatting is usually what starts my episodes. Both cardiologists wanted to do ablation therapy but since I’m only experiencing these episodes no more than once or twice a year now, that seemed silly. Instead they taught me vagal maneuvers to stop the episodes and “restart” my heartbeat. They have only not worked one time and for that I carry a prescription of Diltiazem with me. The vagal maneuvers that work best for me are gently massaging my neck or pressing on my eyelids. If those dont work, bearing down always does.

You should definitely see a cardiologist, though, to find out what is causing your episodes. Good luck!
    Very interesting! Mine were diagnosed as SVT's as well. I'm wondering if the the irritation in my stomach/esophagus from the food allergy was actually causing compression on my diaphragm and not my vagal nerve like the allergist suggested. Mine go away almost immediately after taking a pepcid when my reflux is flaring, so I wonder if bloat or gas is causing pressure on my diaphragm.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

this is really interesting as I have been doing a lot of yoga lately- with a lot of forward folds. Wondering if that could contribute- both the movement itself and its possibly contributing to some reflux as well- think I will lay off that for a while.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

following. I have been having this again lately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2