Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    Go and have fun! Let your SIL figure her own situation out! Especially, if you are going for a week and she will be joining you for a weekend. Tell her what you are doing and let her worry about what she is going to do.

We are always the family that struggles to attend family functions. DH is the only member of his family who has a very structured work schedule. The family does NOT understand and is often upset because they want "everyone together"... We do what we can, that's all we can do.

Families can be difficult, focus on your parents and immediate family.
    This 'everyone together' thing causes so many problems in my family too! My mom just has a really hard time planning things that everyone can't come to and tries to make it work for everyone. It wasn't too hard when we were all in college and single but it's almost impossible now!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I’d tell SIL and mom, that you would love to see them all, but this is the only week DH will have off work for you to attend. You understand if they decide to change the dates, but then you won’t be there.

No way your mom will miss out on the grandkids because SIL doesn’t want to drive on her birthday- what a ridiculous reason to change plans and inconvenience everyone else!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ok, so my brother and SIL bowed out of the vacation altogether. They just said they can't make that weekend work and they will go themselves on a weekend that works for them. SIL said she has been planning where she wants to eat out on her birthday and she isn't willing to change that. Ok then.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Why can’t she eat out on her birthday?

So weird. Anyway, the trip will be better without her and her ridiculous demands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

You dodged a bullet.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2