Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mom_hanna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would definitely try Air BnB. We just went to Scottsdale, AZ over spring break for a baseball tournament. The hotels were crazy expensive ($200+/day) because of Spring Training. We got a great apartment with a washer and dryer (key for a week of baseball), for under $100 a day. And could cancel up to a week prior, just losing a $75 booking fee.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I guess soccer is different from hockey, most of our hockey tournaments the tournament assigns each team a hotel and we always stay as a team together.

We usually get a block of rooms at a decent rate.

I'd see if others are doing this or keep talking with them about accommodations, being together as a team is always the fun part of tournaments for us.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

M
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I guess soccer is different from hockey, most of our hockey tournaments the tournament assigns each team a hotel and we always stay as a team together.

We usually get a block of rooms at a decent rate.

I'd see if others are doing this or keep talking with them about accommodations, being together as a team is always the fun part of tournaments for us.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Thanks, yes, these tournaments are not “play and stay”. I have asked other parents and the attitude is they are not ready to plan and will get to that later. Prices will be way up later, but they are in income categories where they don’t care. There may eventually be a block or something along those lines, but I at least need to reserve something, as occasionally that has happened but more often not.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Look at something in Totem Lake if it's near 60 Acres. I'm sorry I have no suggestions. Love Silver Cloud and that has free breakfast. We've stayed at the Residence Inn in Downtown Redmond and liked it but I have no idea how much it cost.

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by schrocat View Post
    Look at something in Totem Lake if it's near 60 Acres. I'm sorry I have no suggestions. Love Silver Cloud and that has free breakfast. We've stayed at the Residence Inn in Downtown Redmond and liked it but I have no idea how much it cost.
    Thank you!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by schrocat View Post
    Residence Inn is in a great location, part of an upscale (pedestrian friendly) outdoor shopping mall, with a great Saturday farmer's market, lots of good food nearby. You will pay more for this location and it would be well situated to Marymoor Park fields.

Woodspring Suites and Hampton Inn and suites are newly built and close to Marymoor... they could have nice pricing due to their newness.

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

There's also Redmond Inn which is very near Marymoor Park and within walking distance to Whole Foods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2