Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question What are your big girls/ tweens wearing for dressy/ dressy casual shoes this spring?

Took DD (age 9, but tall and a size 7 women's) to DSW today to look for cute dressy/ dressy casual shoes for spring and summer... she liked the slip-on Converse and Sperry Topsiders the best out of what was there, but the Converse are too narrow (and I don't like that they have no arch support), and the Sperry kept slipping off her heel, while still being possibly on the narrow side.

I'll take her to Nordstrom, but figure I'd better take her to the women's section since she's pretty much aged out of girls' sizes. . In the past we've done Target shoes and sandals, but this is pretty new territory to me since she's moving on. Everything we saw today looked too old-ladyish or too impractical/ teenish.

What do your own big girls or tweens wear for cute, dressy, or dressy-casual, shoes and sandals? DD doesn't like Birkenstocks... I suggested Toms and Vans, as well, but I don't think she likes them. She basically wears Nike tennis shoes at school every day, but I'd like her to have some cuter options, especially to wear with dresses for church. We've tried ballet flats before, but they slip off her feet and are either too wide or too narrow. Is there anything that's cute, still looks relatively young, and isn't terrible for your feet (no sole or uncomfortable straps between the toes, etc.)?

Thanks for your help!

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

my daughter (13) loves toms

Default What are your big girls/ tweens wearing for dressy/ dressy casual shoes this spring?

DD (12) likes converse. Fortunately her feet are the same size as mine, so she will also wear my shoes. We also get her cute strappy sandals at target. But she pretty much likes converse, flip flops (not ready for those yet since it’s still 30 degrees here), or Nike’s. We wear the shoreline converse, which have gathered elastic backs so they stay on better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Jack Rogers sandals are popular here for teens/tweens

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post
    Jack Rogers sandals are popular here for teens/tweens
    I just bought a pair for my 13 year old, but her foot seems to have slowed down at a size 10! (I am jealous of how much more goes on sale at her size). Last summer, when her feet were still growing rapidly, I got her a less pricy pair of dressy thongs - my dd has super narrow feet and this style seems to work well for her.

For casual, she still wears uggs in the winter and these Steve Madden slip on sneakers which all the girls seem to have. https://shop.nordstrom.com/sr/Steve-Madden

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

When DGD1 (13, women's size 9) isn’t wearing tennis shoes, she goes for Uggs short leather boots or Doc Martens. Her Doc Martens are made of a kind of glittery canvas, so I guess that counts as "dressy casual" in her opinion! Not sure what she wears for school band concerts.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    I just bought a pair for my 13 year old, but her foot seems to have slowed down at a size 10! (I am jealous of how much more goes on sale at her size). Last summer, when her feet were still growing rapidly, I got her a less pricy pair of dressy thongs - my dd has super narrow feet and this style seems to work well for her.

For casual, she still wears uggs in the winter and these Steve Madden slip on sneakers which all the girls seem to have. https://shop.nordstrom.com/sr/Steve-Madden
    Adding better link for the Madden sneakers.
    https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/steve-m...Z7a_2Hb5ip9WjQ

Wow. One DD still wears a kids 13 sometimes. They'll be 10 in 2 months. I had no idea their feet were so small compared to others around their age.
    My girls wear Keens and Native during the summer if they're not wearing flip flops at the pool.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD (about to turn 10 and wearing ladies 7) generally only wears sneakers and flip flops (b/c she is cursed with my narrow, flat, low volume feet and slips out of everything), but Payless (of all places) makes a ballet flat with an elasticized back that is the only flat that she and I can wear - I read about them here a few years back, worth a try!
    http://www.payless.com/womens-dexfle...n-flats-ballet
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Maybe they're too casual, but what about athletic-style sandals? Costco has some right now, but I've seen them all over. I've found that they adjust pretty well because of the Velcro strap across the back.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast