Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    update to my situation in first posting.
    Great update. Hopefully someone else will be spared going through what you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Great update. However, it would have been nice if your complaints were taken more seriously the first time,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I guess its a good update? Honestly, I'm even more horrified with the response to the complaint. What if you'd been like 99% of people and didnt think to ask her to write it down for the proof? I mean, I never would have and I cant think of anyone else who would have. What if you weren't part of an organization with political clout and representatives? I know they have to be fair to the employee too but this seemed so awful .... with written proof to boot.... Its upsetting that they needed a 'professional' to advocate on your behalf (or however you want to put it)

fwiw, most government employees are retirement eligible after 20yrs on the job. So they could be in their 40s and 'retire'. The benefits normally better the longer you are working but she's likely not walking away empty handed.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m sorry you were not believed but glad you had an organization to advocate for you. Bottom line is no matter how it happened that employee now knows that she made a huge mistake and hopefully has learned to keep her ignorance to herself in the future. It is also likely that the other employees at that location know what happened to her and are more sensitive when dealing with the public as a result.

I’m so glad you kept going! It’s a shame the organization wasn’t receptive originally, but I hope they were able to learn something. What a world we live in!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    I guess its a good update? Honestly, I'm even more horrified with the response to the complaint. What if you'd been like 99% of people and didnt think to ask her to write it down for the proof? I mean, I never would have and I cant think of anyone else who would have. What if you weren't part of an organization with political clout and representatives? I know they have to be fair to the employee too but this seemed so awful .... with written proof to boot.... Its upsetting that they needed a 'professional' to advocate on your behalf (or however you want to put it)...
    I'm conflicted, too.

On the one hand, I'm happy they took action, but that it took bringing out the big guns ... well, I'm less than pleased. I'd say the retraining should include whomever addressed your complaint as well!!

On the other hand and because it's MVC, I'm not particularly surprised. They're the most public-facing of all state agencies and they're also the least capable of providing even a minimum of professional level customer service! (But that's another b!tch for another day. Like whenever it is I need to renew my license ... crap, that might be this summer! Remind me to put on makeup, OK?)

Bottom line, you got an ultimately positive outcome and it'll make a huge difference going forward for Deaf (etc.) folks in your area.

I'm really proud of you for following through and not backing down, OP.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4