arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Under Armour sizing

I need to order an Under Armour sweatshirt for my son for a lacrosse team. All sales are final. He currently wears Youth XL UA sweatshirts. Hes about 5 feet tall and weighs around 90 pounds. What would be the next size up? Adult small? I cant tell from the sizing charts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arivecchi; 04-09-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I think he might be swimming in an adult small, they almost fit longer but narrower than YXL if I remember correctly. S basically went from YXL to A M. He is built pretty athletically though, not tall and thin. He wears an Adult M with room to grow and hes about 58+ and around 150lbs. The smalls were tight in the arms. O is in a YL with room and hes about 410 and 70 lbs. Id almost stick with the YXL unless hes running out of room in them.
    Last edited by smilequeen; 04-09-2018 at 12:24 PM.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Under Armour sizing

Thank you! He currently has a little room in youth xl but I want this one to last a while since its a special team that he wont necessarily make again. Would you stick with YXL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Is there any way you can stop in a store and try one - same brand?

I have to agree with above, my kids also went from YXL to Adult M. In ALOT of clothes I have found that Youth XL and Adult Small are pretty much the same exact width, but difference was adult had a longer legnth in body and arms. I've even seen some adult small brands that are SMALLER than Youth XL in width.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So I just went through this with a new adidas soccer jacket. My ds is similarly sized to yours. I wanted this (overpriced) training jacket to last longer than this spring season. I decided to go with adult small - there was no youth xl. Its big on him, but not horribly so. Hopefully it will last the next four soccer seasons!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

AU also has different fits, Athletic and loose. My DS is 5'9 and 125 and just moved to a AM, but can still wear AS. I think AS may be a little big based on his height, but that can change quickly. My DS won't wear stuff that is too big, so I end up erring on the small side and getting less use out of it.

I hate that teams do ordering this way because sizing does vary and I think once they really start growing it is really hard to gauge. I've had quiet a few pairs of soccer shorts go to waste because of this.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

The Adult small is going to be longer but not necessarily wider. I’d be tempted to stay with the youth but it’s a tough call. If you could try on an adult small at Dicks or something and see what you think.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)