niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Sites for meal ideas

I need some variety for breakfast and lunch. I eat both meals at work. Any suggestions for recipe sites. I’m cleaning up my diet to lose weight.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I don’t know about breakfast and lunch, because those are meals where I eat very basic kinds of things, but for dinners, I love Skinnytaste.com. I’ve been really wowed by how flavorful her recipes are. I’ve loved almost everything I’ve tried from there. Supposedly, her recipes are for those striving to eat healthier, and each of her recipes has calorie and weight watchers point values, but I find her recipes are not what I would consider diet type food, since I generally eat high protein, high veggies, and low carb, and many of her recipes have breadcrumbs or are served with pasta or rice (though you can substitute other things, of course.) The flavors are wonderful, though.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    I don’t know about breakfast and lunch, because those are meals where I eat very basic kinds of things, but for dinners, I love Skinnytaste.com. I’ve been really wowed by how flavorful her recipes are. I’ve loved almost everything I’ve tried from there. Supposedly, her recipes are for those striving to eat healthier, and each of her recipes has calorie and weight watchers point values, but I find her recipes are not what I would consider diet type food, since I generally eat high protein, high veggies, and low carb, and many of her recipes have breadcrumbs or are served with pasta or rice (though you can substitute other things, of course.) The flavors are wonderful, though.

Totally agree with skinnytaste recommendation!
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like skinnytaste too. I also cook a lot of recipes from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Her recipes aren't specifically health food (especially dessert!) but most use common ingredients and a lot of our favorites fit into a balanced diet.

https://www.melskitchencafe.com/reci...nd-nutritious/

I love the honey cilantro chicken, Thai crunch wraps and lots of others I can't think of right now....